“Some of the best Chinese I've had ”

Spring Roll Restaurant
Ranked #418 of 1,832 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

Visiting Winnipeg for the weekend, we decided to order in Chinese. Found this restaurant when I searched Google for the best spring rolls in Winnipeg.
We had egg rolls, Shang-hai chow mein, chicken fried rice, and beef with mixed vegetables.
Beef w/mixed veg: cooked perfectly, could always include more carrots in my opinion!
Chicken fried rice: great flavour, chicken was tender and not chewy.
Shang-hai chow mein: my favourite dish that we ordered. The sauce and noodles were delicious and the beef was cooked just right.
Egg rolls: what I ordered for. They were really tasty, and the breading was crispy. The insides could use to be chopped up a little more; whenever you try to take a bite, all of the filling comes with.
Everything was hot and fresh, and delivered within an hour on a Saturday evening. They brought plates and asked if we needed cutlery since we were staying in a hotel. I did ask for cutlery and chopsticks but only got the latter, but I think that was just a miscommunication over the phone.
8/10 would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Carolyn W

Reviewed February 2, 2017

Went for the Thursday lunch special ...garlic honey chicken. The food was fresh and delcious! Service was friendly and the restaurant is clean. This is my favourite chinese restaurant now!

Reviewed November 12, 2016

From the outside on a busy Notre Dame, it is easy to miss. It doesn't look like much and once inside the same.
This is a family run restaurant and the greeting is warm and friendly. There are two menus available one non vegetarian and the other vegetarian. We ordered a couple of spring rolls to start. They came to the table hot, flaky and the vegetables were crunchy. We ordered a couple of other dishes and they were flavourful, though not too spicy. The sweet and sour sauce did not have that cloying sweetness often found in Chinese establishments. The vegetables were fresh and crunchy. The plates came out one at a time but each one was fresh and hot. I assume that the husband and wife took turns serving and.

1  Thank Furby25
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Lunch specials for $5.95. Possibly the best wonton soup I have ever tasted. Looks very plain but wow does it taste good! I was there on a Wednesday so the lunch special was ginger chicken. Three very large breaded pieces of chicken breast, deep fried with a sauce drizzled over it. The beef chop suey was not cooked as well as I usually like and didn't have much flavour, but was ok. The fried rice with the special is plain fried rice and it is pretty plain. For the price, it is excellent value. Even the non-specials were priced around $6.95. Service was good, parking was available on the street. The building itself is in pretty rough shape though.
Place appears to be very busy at lunch time plus many orders to go and food is ready very quickly, making this probably one of the area's best lunch spots.

Reviewed February 3, 2016

This is a great spot to drop in for a quick hot lunch. They have 5 or 6 choices of lunch plates that are served with a small bowl of wonton soup. The food always tastes great and I never feel there was too much salt or glutamate in the food,