“Amazing all Around - A+ ”

Pappas Greek Food & Steak
Ranked #376 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

It was the first time my boyfriend had eaten here and my first time in many years, and it was so incredibly delicious!

The portions were huge and the food kept coming! Food really isn't a luxury for me, it serves a purpose, so I never eat beyond feeling just full enough. But unfortunately tonight, the food was so delicious I couldn't stop eating, and 4 hours later I'm still sore and can't imagine my life without sweatpants. This is *unheard of* for me!

It was so nice to see so many regulars coming in and hugging the owner like family. The owner was incredibly welcoming and friendly and her laugh was so infectious - I can understand why the customers come in and hugged her.

All around the experience was wonderful, and it's the best date night my boyfriend and I have had in a very long time.

Thank you to the wonderful and friendly staff at Pappas for a delicious dinner, Baklava to top it off, wonderful service and just an enchanted evening watching the snow come down in April!

You will certainly see us again!

Reviewed 29 March 2016

This is definitely a Charleswood favorite. We have been eating here for many years, have gotten to know Maria and Bob quite well over the years. The food is second to none, Always freshly made and perfect for couples or large gatherings.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

The food at this restaurant has always been tasty with good sized portions. Have gone on several occasions for supper and always received friendly, prompt service.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

We've eaten there a few times but overtime it seems we're in the mood for Greek.......they're closed!

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We arrived at the restaurant and stood and waited to be seated . The owner was having a chat at the reception/bar and ignored us. Eventually a server came over but didn't know where to seat us( there were only three couples in the restaurant) the owner pointed to a table by the window . I had made a reservation a couple of days previously . Another couple t,hen came in and a single person who were seated by the owner and given menus. We were not. We waited and waited and eventually we were given them and the people who had come in after us already had their salads and we hadn't even given our order!!! Finally the owner came over and took our order and asked what we would like to drink. We ordered two beers and a coffee. After a while the salads came and the beers. We had ordered the Greek style ribs were fabulous as were the salads. It was only after we were half way through the entree and I had asked again was the coffee brought to the table. My husband had the baklava and my friend had the ice cream and apparently were delicious. It's too bad that the owners lack of interest and lousy service completely ruined a Birthday celebration. I doubt if I will ever go back.

2  Thank growlysgirl