“Wonderful date night”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central St. Boniface
Reviewed August 15, 2016

Our kids were invited to a 4 hour birthday party which immediate prompted date night. It's been 8 years since our last dinner at Beaujena's and I've completely forgotten how great it was. Each course was delicious and was wonderfully paired with the right glass of wine. Even now, I can't decide which course was my favorite though the veal was amazingly tender and the sauce was delectable - could have eaten 2 more servings.

Reviewed April 3, 2016

My partner and I were the lucky recipients of an online contest and treated to an evening of Beaujena's new "small plates". My expectations were high and not only met but exceeded! If you don't have time for the three hour 7 course surprise meal you can order what you wish from the menu to share. The atmosphere at Beaujena's though remains cozy and intimate, a place to relax, have conversation and let the world go by for a few hours. Good for the soul! The new dishes are very tasty, blending new flavours together also not forgetting the classics. Wild mushroom risotto was our first dish what a start! Delicious! Tequila lime shrimp, plump, juicy and flavourful. Chicken and chorizo croquettes served with a saffron aioli that was simply spectacular. Louisiana gumbo had a smokey full bodied flavour that could have made me weak in the knees if I was standing! Our final dish was sous vide pork tenderloin, cooked to absolute perfection! Many other items on the "small plates" menu to choose from. Beaujenas is quite clever at creating new cocktails and wine pairing was excellent. The 7 course surprise meal is for adventurous diners however if you have a dislike for certain foods please just let them know when making your reservation and they will tweak the menu for you! They really are accommodating and want your dining experience to be a pleasurable one!

Reviewed February 21, 2016

My daughters and I visited this restaurant last night for our annual mother/daugthers' dinner. They enjoyed it more than I did (not necessarily for the food, but for the dining experience), but I don't think they would go back either. A couple runs this restaurant (open Friday and Saturday nights only I understand) and the biggest problem I had with it was the menu is surprise. While surprises are nice, it's a 7 course meal and with no choice you're bound to end up with a few or more courses that really don't suit your taste. I think they are better off to follow the lead of restaurants like Sydney's who offer a few selections for each course. The wine pairing was nice though and very friendly owners who clearly want to please the customers with their dining experience.

2  Thank LoveDisney_11
Reviewed December 20, 2015

This is not a high end gourmet establishment. It is set in a small, quirky old building in StB that hasn’t been renovated and is quite like eating at your old aunties house.It does offer a fun , varied and interesting seven course menu,quite off the beaten path... prepared and served by the owners who truly want you to enjoy the fare they have prepared for you. The menu changes every month, the owners say they don’t repeat the menu , EVER, so you have to be an adventurous eater and open to a different dining experience and different tastes.The wine pairings are perfectly acceptable and the smaller room in the front offers a quiet and private space for conversation.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

We've been to Beaujena's twice now, about 2 years apart. Each time we had the 7 course meal with the "wine flight". I thoroughly enjoyed eating the meal (nice seating if you reserve ahead) in a slowed down fashion. Yes, I thought at first glance I was getting chicken mcnuggets, but the crab/salmon pastry melted in our mouths - for course 2 of 7. By the end of the evening we were satisfied, as our meal was an experience: delicious food, plenty of laughs trying to guess ingredients in each course (the main course lamb was obvious but others not so). The service was superb, and I think pausing between courses is good for you - and they know exactly how to time it! The wine / liquor addition is worth it. You get a wine paired with each course and if you ask, an explanation why. Some of these wines are not in the local LC, but I found them at Banvilles. Excellent experience - worth it and better if you are in a group!