Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mike S
Muirkirk, Canada

New Sandman being built next door.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 29, 2024via mobile
This Sandman location is getting old and tired looking and due to the fact they are building a new Sandman hotel next door I understand why they are not updating this one. The beds are comfortable which is important but the finishes are showing their age. Not a typical Sandman experience
Date of stay: March 2024
Join Wyndham Rewards Free
    C$111
8.8 km from Sandman Hotel & Suites Winnipeg Airport
View more hotels in Winnipeg
All reviews front desk staff jacuzzi suite check in was quick room key a great stay clean rooms chop dennys quarantine mae jeremiah thermostat
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2024

Been here a business trip, the ambiance,service and atmosphere is very good. I would like to extend my thanks to the reception staff,especially the filipinos who is working by their heart and for being so helpful during my stay in the hotel you really guys shows how filipino hospitality is. Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2024

At 630 pm after checking in we needed to take a shower and we had no hot water and the worst water pressure i’ve seen at a hotel of this rating. Paying over $190 for one night and having no hot water or pressure make this place a never again for me. Also, no fridge in the standard room with one king bed. Disappointing

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2023 via mobile

My husband and I we love it its friendly service and they’re always there willing to help you with whatever you need. Your room is clean and ready the beds are very comfortable. It's close to Chops its fine dining at its best our supper was reasonable, and delicious. The new menu is a wow factor my husband and I celebrate our anniversary and they help us to celebrate with a free desert it upside down pineapple cake yummy we shared. Then in the morning we went to Denny’s for a delicious breakfast and fast service. We love staying at Sandman because it's close to restaurants and shopping centre everything at your fingertips. Stay here u won't be sorry.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2023

Thankfully only one night. Although I don't mind the added security in the elevator, it was also a bit of inconvenience when you want to order Door Dash, as you need the room key to access floors, so I had to wait in the lobby. I did like the idea that no one could wander into the hotel and bother me.

The rooms are NOT as displayed in the pictures. My room was very small, NOT what I reserved. Requested the King suite and got a king room. Floor (carpet) looked/felt dirty. Bed was resting on 2x4 timber. Bed was obviously broken, very uncomfortable. Since it was so late at check in, I didn't bother requesting a room change. Very small rooms. Very uncomfortable. Talked to one cleaner who informed me they don't have enough staff/time to be as thorough as she wants to be. That's concerning. Rate isn't that bad, but did expect more for what I paid.

Walk-in shower allows water to spill out on the floor, made a huge mess, and I was extra careful where the shower head pointed.

There was plenty of room for parking on the night I was there. Very close to the airport. Denny's and Chop located within the hotel, convenient.

Room tip: If you don't care about getting the room you reserve or total cleanliness, this is your place
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2023

Start with the car park - one night when we were there it was very busy at 5.30 pm. People were having difficulty finding a spot. The biggest problem was the rows near the hotel. They are dead ends. You drive down it, find no spaces, and now you have to reverse back if you can get the three cars behind you to do it first.
After a long drive, you might want to use the washroom. Sorry, the hotel does not have any in public areas. You can go to Denny's at the far end of the hotel.
Now we get to the room. We had stayed here earlier in the month. Different room but the same idea. Open the bathroom door and look for the light switch. Not outside, not inside, where is it? It is hiding BEHIND the open bathroom door.
The bathroom is accessible with a roll-in shower. The bar installed beside the toilet is good for drying towels. An accessible bar is normally mounted slightly ahead of the toilet. This allows you to pull yourself up. No problem the sink can provide the required assist.

Date of stay: September 2023