“New Year's Take Out”

Add it.
Joe's Pandora Inn
Ranked #519 of 1,834 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Ordered delivery on Jan 1 and were told 90 minutes or 40 for pick up. We picked up, however waited another 30 minutes longer at the restaurant.

Pork fried rice, chicken balls (we order sauce on the side to prevent going soggy), dry ribs and neef and broccoli (very little need in this dish this time).

Service was a little off. Chalking it up to a busy day.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

I recently moved to Transcona and tried this restaurant due to the high ratings on this site. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the food.

We ordered one of the combos, the lemon chicken, and the garlic, hot and sweet chicken. Everything tasted like the sauces were watered down. The garlic chicken just tasted like sugar.

On the plus side, the staff was friendly. Still, I ended up having to buy a second dinner at a Thai place in the area which was actually pretty good.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

I love all the food here, I've been here over a dozen times and always been satisfied. The servers are friendly, and the sweet and sour chicken is da bomb! Definitely go try it.

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

We have been ordering Szeto's for almost 10 years. Have tried a few other Chinese reataurants in Transcona amd always go back to Szeto's.

Chicken balls, breaded dry ribs, beef and broccoli, dry wontons are standards for us. Consomme soup and egg rolls are also really good. Portions are a good size and tastes great. Not too oily.

Delivery is usually within an hour or pick up 20-30 mins.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

I order many dishes....

7 - Deluxe Won-ton - Ok,...only 1 shrimp with a large order.
11- Cantonese Deluxe Cow Mein - Ok, kinda greasy and not much taste.
24 - Kung Po Beef - Yuck, dried up deep fried long skinny pieces of beef in a bland sauce with green peppers and onions. No peanuts, The type of beef will surprise you!
42 - Breaded Crumb Shrimps - Okay but lots of breading and bland.
44 - Honey Garlic Veal - Not too bad.
67 - Sweet and Sour Spare Rib - Sauce is like jelly and lacks taste! No sweet and sour taste.

The staff are nice if you don't complain. I gave them my opinion about a pick up order as one dish was worth complaining about and I was told not to order from them again. Poor Customer Service!

I would much rather go out of Transcona for Chinese food. There is 3 Chinese food restaurants and they all suck!