“Getting on, but good value”
Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Ottawa, Canada
“Getting on, but good value”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is not the most modern but its location and friendly staff make it worth considering when staying in Fredericton. The restaurant and lounge had excellent food and everyone was very welcoming. My only complaint was the lack of really hot water.

If you are staying at this hotel, be aware that access to it from Regent Street is tricky. Going north on Regent you can't make a left across traffic into the hotel. You need to go beyond the hotel, find a place to turn, and then come back on Regent heading south.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kinds words and are pleased that you chose us as your home away from home. We are modernizing another 36 units by April 2012 which completes 140 of our 200 units. Thank you for your support.

Owner/Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Was in Fredericton on business for 3 days, had never been there before. Saw reviews here and had my TA book it. They put me on the Executive floor. The Front Desk Manager was nice and helpful. Gave me a room with a king bed, lots of space but a couple of issues. If you have a King bed, have King sheets, okay? Also, it's great that you have free Internet, but put the Network cable by the desk, NOT by the TV. And - this is the 1st hotel I've stayed in in 30 years where I've had a Metal key, not a key card for the door. If I give you a credit card, let me do advance checkout and email me a copy of the bill, k? It's 2012.

Room Tip: Stay on the Executive wing, 3rd floor. Very quiet. Long walk to the elevator, though. Get ready for...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of the facility and the nice customer service you received are very much appreciated. I believe you were misinformed about your room being located in our Executive section which uses magnetic cards to enter the room. The room you stayed in was located in our deluxe section which is presently being renovated. At this time all of our King rooms on the second floor have been completed and the third floor renovations will be complete by February. I agree with you that the rooms on the third floor require a fresh look, an issue which we have been in the process of remedying. Our entire deluxe section consists of 54 rooms for which we have new electronic locks on site, the installation for which shall be completed by the end of December this year. Updated draperies and bed covers for these units have already been ordered and have an anticipated January 2012 delivery and installation date. These changes all follow the style and convenience currently in use in our Executive section. During your next stay with us your comments on this section would be welcomed. Regarding the sheets used on your bed, you were correct and someone did mistakenly use queen sized sheets on your king bed. This is not our normal service policy and we apologize for the mistake. Additionally, upon further reviewing your comments I have corrected the internet cable location. Also your suggestion regarding credit cards will be followed up with a new policy very soon. Once again I’d like to thank you for your comments.

Owner/Manager
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this property.
We were traveling with a group of seniors and we all
are very impressed with the service provided by the restaurant. Thank you

• Stayed October 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This was my third visit to Fredericton but first stay at the Fredericton Inn.
Excellent service from front desk, restaurant and housekeeping.
Some of the areas do need an update. (restaurant furniture) but overall great value.
We will return !

Room Tip: Book the tower room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexei K
Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Despite efforts to update (flat panel TVs and some furniture), the hotel still appears tired and worn—especially room and common area carpets. Carpets badly need changing in the rooms and high traffic areas. Certain places are in acute need like the side hallway down from from the "Executive" tower, by the elevators. The fine dining restaurant menu could also use a refreshing.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room prior to finalizing your booking.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sirtravelalot1
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I agree with you that though we shampoo the carpets of our common areas regularly they are tired and in need of replacement. It is impossible to shut down properties March through October but I can assure you these areas will be addressed by April 2012. Your comments reconfirm our short term plans. I appreciate having you as a guest and constructive criticism only helps independent family businesses such as ours. We appreciate you noticing our refurbishing efforts as this encourages the progress we’re currently working towards, including 36 rooms which we have begun construction on to expand the room by enclosing the balconies.

We recently refreshed our fine dining menu in May by adding 10 new items as well as identifying gluten free options. We are currently in the process of updating our vegetarian options and we hope the next time you are in our new wine list will be completed. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

General Manager/Owner
Beresford
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I and our 2 teenaged daughters recently stayed at the Fredericton Inn for a weekend.

First of all, I was impressed with the spacey room. The beds and linens were sooo comfortable, unbelievable! These are the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hotel room, ever! The two lazyboy chairs and the new flatscreen TV were an added bonus to relax and unwind.
The room was very clean and overall, the hotel was spotless. We had breakfast at one of the restaurants in the hotel and it was really good.
The hotel is located next to Regent Mall. It is very convenient, even for teens to go shopping on their own and go to the movies, etc. Cab fare to downtown Pubs is about $8.50 one way.
Although the hotel is right off the Trans-Canada Highway, we didn't hear the traffic at all.
The front desk staff was really friendly too. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure. I am quite picky when it comes to choosing a hotel and I would not write a review if I didn't believe it would not be beneficial to other travellers. Hope this helps!!

Room Tip: request a room with the new beds!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Fredericton Inn for 6 days. The room I had was quite large and easy to move around in. The decor could use some work and wished I would had one of the newer beds.
I had to go purchase some air freshener as the room had a certain odor (probably mold) everyday when I came back to retire for the evening.
The cleaning staff really did an excellent job in keeping the room clean every day.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Fredericton Inn again if I was to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Recent Trip Advisor Visitor,
Thank you for your support and your kind words about our housekeeping team. We feel this department provides great customer service.
In the past two years we have upgraded 120 units of our property and in the very near future are planning to renovate an additional 36 rooms with completion expected by April 2012. These renovations will enhance our property and address areas in need of improvement

1 (506) 455-1430