“would not be my first choice”

Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fredericton
Reviewed 18 December 2011

While I found the locatin of the hotel great, my room was very unclean. The bathroom was actually gross: hairs all over the tub and sink and the floors were dirty.

Room was average, otherwise.

One awesome thing was the hotel's restaurant lunch buffet - out of this world. Great & cheap. Fantastic!

1  Thank sevp
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Hello sevp,

Thank you for your comments from your most recent stay at our hotel. We will follow up with your concerns regarding the cleanliness of your guestroom and we will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments regarding our luncheon buffet to our culinary team.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is the second stay for my wife and I; quite an elegant property in the downtown area of the NB provincial capital - Fredericton. Check-in was a breeze and lots of parking (albeit they now chg $10/day). They have an indoor & outdoor pool (the latter of course closed), very nice dining room & pub with great 'pub-grub'. We stayed in a King Rm; very comfortable bed, amenities and "clean as a whistle". We were in the city for the "Raise your Spirits festival" (Scotch Whisky lovers will recognize this). The hotel is directly across from the Theater and new Convention Centre and is an easy walk to downtown locations. In short, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the Farmers Market, The Lunar Rogue Pub & The Blue Door (for dinner).
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Hello BAJ_11,

Thank you for you comments, we are please that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to the Fredericton area. Also, great to hear that you enjoyed the "Raise your Spirits festival".

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel for the first time for 2 nights while on a business trip. Nice big room with lovely view of Fredericton and the river. Staff were wonderful. Good location - walking distance to Farmer's Market and the trails as well as UNB. Will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Hello marie154976,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us, they are greatly appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your time in Fredericton and especially our great Farmer's Market.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Very nice hotel in downtown Federicton. Beautiful lobby and friendly staff. comfy rooms. Only downside was 1 small elevator located far from the lobby to get to the rooms. It got really busy and had to wait a while for the elevator during check-in.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I recently went to the Crown Plaza for the lunch with a friend. I was extremely impressed with the food. It has been awhile since I have managed to find a buffet where everything is delicious. I will make sure to return again and again. Anyone reading this thinking about going here, I can assure you, you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Hello tscandrew,

Thank you for your comments regarding our lunch buffet, it is one of the finest in the City of Fredericton. We welcome your return the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

The decor of the loby and rooms is very nice. Rooms are clean, a good size and have all the usual extras. The bed was comfortable and had lots of fluffy pillows. The duvet was nice and warm. The hotel was quiet, although I was very near the end of the hall so this may have helped.

The staff were helpful. My key card somehow got de-magnetized (I saw another guest had the same problem, so it may have been something wrong with the cards) but the staff replaced it quickly and efficiently. Room service knocked on my door fairly early to come clean (before 9:00 a.m.) but at least they did knock.

"The Terrace" restaurant was good. Service was very slow at a mid-afternoon lunch, but very quick and efficient the next day for breakfast. The food was very good for both.

My bill was under my door when I woke up. I would have preferred to pick up a copy at the front desk when I checked out, or at least have been given the option.

Parking was $5 for 1/2 day & $10 for the day. I parked after hours so didn't pay anything when I left in the morning.

Location is right down town Fredericton. I was going to the University and it was a short drive.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet room, ask for one at the end of the hallway. It's well worth t...
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here for two nights in October 2011. I was in the "tower" section and had a glorious corner room at the end of the hallway on the 5th floor. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the room was spacious. I travel about 125 nights per year for work in the US and Canada---and this hotel is definitely one at which I'd stay again!

The service in the lobby was friendly, professional, and attentive. In fact, one afternoon, my keys wouldn't work in the door any longer and instead of just re-magnetizing them and leaving me to go back to the room, they sent a staff member to accompany me and ensured they worked (or they'd go and get new keys made again without me having to make yet another trip down to the lobby.) I really appreciated that gesture after a long day of working on my feet!

I had room service deliver a wine and cheese/fruit tray to my room so that it was there upon my very late arrival (1am) and it was outstanding! 7-8 different kinds of cheeses, a wonderful glass of wine, and perfectly prepared.

The location of this hotel is superb! There's an excellent wine bar nearby and several other restaurants, shops, and a wonderful downtown shopping area.

Try the pub downstairs! If you stay, I highly recommend the Cream of Mushroom soup at the pub in the hotel. It's freshly homemade...and made with love, 3 kinds of mushrooms, and isn't pasty or too creamy---it's loaded with delicious mushrooms and was truly the best I've had...That's coming from a true mushroom soup connoisseur that's picky about her soup!!!

The Wireless internet was great---they gave 2 codes to each room, enabling two devices to be used in the same room. I am a Priority Club member, so the internet was complementary. The hotel was sold out the week I was there and the room was around $180 Canadian.

If I return to Fredericton, I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 5th floor--on the end (corner room) and it was wonderful. As for the Tower room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business