“you have to (get to) know your way around...”

Hyla Park Nature Preserve
Reviewed July 23, 2017

The Hyla Park Nature Preserve is pretty close to the city center of Fredericton and it is... sort of an adventure. Not a park with well signed trails, but perhaps that's the fun of letting 'real nature' run its course. Take gps/a smart phone with a map of the area pre-loaded to get around.

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

We live just up the street from this little park. It is really inbreeding and a great place to see birds, bugs and amphibians. There are a few trails and their maintenance is minimal. Is a great little place to pop into and explore for an hour or so. The main trail is stroller-friendly for a good stroller (like a Bob). The park is well connected to the Fredricton trail system for easy access. If they would develop more trails through this property we would be there a lot more. Much of the woods and marsh is sadly inaccessible so you don't get to enjoy it. What you can see is good, just wish you they had a few more trails.

1  Thank spudwick
Reviewed July 19, 2016

My friend and I just took our kids on a tour of Hyla Park. We were guided by a very informative guide Kayla, she showed us 7 species of frog, beaver dams. The tour was approximately 45 minutes, where we caught frogs gently, learned which was a female or male and saw tadpoles! The kids loved the experience as did I! Thanks Kayla!

Reviewed May 30, 2016

I came here on the weekend, and spent over 2 hours here. There is so much to see here. It can be a bit hard to walk around at times, since the ground is uneven and you have to jump over some narrow streams sometimes, but overall I had a great time. I brought a camera and got many excellent pictures on the scenery. If you're looking to waste a few hours enjoying nature, I highly recommend visiting this place!

1  Thank Katherine S