“Central Location & Helpful People”

Midtown Motel & Suites
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Four friends stayed here for four nights. Comfortable rooms and very convenient location a couple of blocks from Main St. Due to illness had to extend original stay & folks were very helpful. Lovely flower baskets brighten up a city courtyard used for parking. Free wifi and good prices.

Room Tip: We were on ground level so access with luggage very easy
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2016

First off, the manager of this motel is a kind, accommodating and helpful gentleman. Unfortunately, that is where the positive part of this review ends.
My child and I arrived on time, according to the website, for check in (12pm). We were told that the motel had been full the night before and the housekeeping attendant hadn't had a chance to clean out all the rooms yet. We took the only available room, the King Suite. We took the room, even though it was not the one I had originally booked (I had booked a Queen suite through booking.com), I was so tired I didn't care. As we got to our room I could see the so-called balcony is actually just the common hallway to the outside entrance of the room-very shady marketing. The room was clean but looked nothing like the photos online. The bed was large and comfortable but the rest of the room was not what I would call a "suite." The kitchen was dated and the appliances smelled (a book of baking soda in the fridge might help). The toaster was rusted and needs to be replaced. The bathroom was incredibly tiny although it looked like remodeling had been started, but not finished. A good paint job is desperately needed, as you can see in the photo. The chest of drawers appears to have been an old set of two different sized chests of drawers as there was a sizeable space where one drawer sat. The tv was mounted high on the wall-so high I totally missed it when we first walked in. The sloped bathroom and bathtub became my nemesis. I had to use all my arm strength and a towel to turn the taps off and even then they weren't completely turned off-and I lift weights! The tub is elevated on some piece of 2x4 and painted the same color as the tub so when I went to get out of the shower I didn't step down far enough and ended up almost falling on the floor, but instead crashed into the opposite wall. Not the best way to start the day. The pressure of the shower could remove pain off of walls, it is that strong. The motel doesn't appear to keep its hairdryers in its rooms so I had to go ask for one to borrow. When it was returned the person at the desk didn't know that it belonged to the motel. When I went to check out at 8:15am, and was in a bit of a rush, I found the office closed and locked. I buzzed the manager and said I wanted to check out but had to leave after waiting for 10 minutes for an appointment. I have never encountered a closed office at 8am in a motel or hotel and was surprised that if this is common practice, that there isn't a box or mail slot to put the keys into.
In summary I would never stay here again, and at the cost of $148 (with tax) it was not worth the money nor should it be called a suite. The manager/owners do appear to be very nice people but that isn't enough when you run a motel in a place that has so many other options for travelers.

Room Tip: No elevator so if stairs are an issue, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Jude A, Manager at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

We have received your review and we respect your opinion. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectation; this was the main issue, we could not offer you what you had asked for. The room you stay is one king studio, it is not a king full suite
The previous day the motel had been totally sold out. When you arrived at 11:30am the room you requested wasn’t ready yet (because our check-out time is at 11 am so after guest check out we have to clean the room). Rooms are ready for check-in time at 3 p.m. but if there are rooms available we let you check in early. Since you wanted to check in early, we offered you a king studio, the only one available at that time. You accepted it, we understand why, although we knew it didn’t have exactly the comfort of the bigger suite we had for you, but for early check-in this was the only room we had for you. We strongly apologize for the inconvenience, but we did not have any other option for you at that time.
Our office is open until 12 at night, and reopens at 7 in the morning. But this doesn’t mean that we do not take care of customers in the hour’s in-between. Anyone arriving after 12 rings a bell at the right side of the office main door, and we will come immediately to help you. The reason you found the door closed at 8 am was because I had to take care of some customer’s request or check a room. If you had rung the bell, we would’ve come at once. Now we have install hairdryers in all the rooms,
Please accept our apology for all the inconvenient.
Regards
Jude Anthonipillai

Reviewed 4 May 2016

This hotel is very clean, each room has a kitchenette, and the management are beyond excellent. We had a very enjoyable stay, the owner/manager was very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay there again when I visit Moncton, and I would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Jude A, Owner at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you very much for your review. We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

i stay at midtown every month when i come Moncton, the rooms are spacious and clean, they have good WI Fi, the location is close to everything, on site laundry room is more convenient for me, the staff are very helpful, I would recommend to anyone who wants clean comfortable stay.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank jay h

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again sometime.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

I wouldn't stay there again as its in need of major repair and just isn't a place you'd want to stay to "get away ". I like bigger more expensive chains as they are clean and have housekeeping on staff. Also no breakfast offered here.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Megan V
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

More than expected, is what my husband and I received at the midtown motel. Very clean and quiet, most comfortable night sleep, very well heated, lots of hot water for shower or bath. The owners make you feel so welcomed. We would recommend this home away from home and we will definitely return. Thanks again to the midtown family.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Room was ready ahead of time, comfortable, old charm to the room, clean, lots of hot water & towels PLUS a real coffee maker in the room, very central, friendly staff. Affordable rates, sweet kitchenette; would recommend to anyone specially families coming through the area.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want & they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends