Midtown Motel & Suites
US$108
  • Breakfast included
US$105
US$105
Comfort Inn East(Moncton)(Great Value!)
US$100
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
US$123
  • Pool
Rodd Moncton Hotel(Moncton)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
Quality Inn - Moncton(Moncton)(Great Value!)
US$86
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliquor storespacious roomtwo queen bedsmini fridgecoffee makermain streetstayed one nighttoastersinkstovedryerlaundry
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

You cannot expect a better price, cleaner hotel, better room or friendlier staff. Rooms are very large with comfortable beds and come with a stocked semi-kitchen (no stove); perfect for enjoying your Pumphouse restaurant leftovers in style. Only $70 on the weekend and pet friendly.

5 stars. Keep up the good work Midtown, all others should strive to emulate your fantastic piece of property.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OkiDiver85
Reviewed December 15, 2016

This looked good from the outside and at a distance, as I drove in – or should I say, it equalled what they were going to charge, a $100 or so dollars. The price reflected what we saw from the outside. It was a winter snow storm day and we drove to Moncton and arrived early, not expecting to get into the room but thought we would ask on the off chance. We were let in – which was nice. The room was a little rough but we didn’t think too much of it. Wi-Fi had about 7 extenders – it was shocking – I ended up using cell data as it constantly dropped connection, even though I made sure I logged into each extender connection, so if it dropped it, would pick up the next strongest... SHOCKING Wi-Fi – couldn’t really say it worked.

The place was filthy. The carpets were not cleaned, vacuumed, but not clean. The beds and linen were fine but the walls and doors weren’t. Many cracked floor tiles, bathroom filth, poor electrical. As you see by the front door in the photo. The next thing that I really struggled with was an overpowering smell of cleaning products, highly perfumed to the point I ended up with a huge headache. I took some Tylenol and thought, it’s one night, I’ll survive. 8pm rolls around and I had to get up at 3am to collect two puppies flying into Moncton Airport so, a shower or bath then bed. The water was not even luke warm, it didn’t get hotter the longer I ran it, and this was the straw that made me decide to leave. So, upon arrival we checked in early and were grateful due to the storm. We then went out until about 5:30pm into Moncton to get some things for the new puppies arriving. I returned, then went out to eat, returned again bout 7:40pm. It was only late, about 6pm that the paths in front of the rooms were being cleared of snow. So hadn’t really spent much time in the room – I’m aware I had it from 11am.

I went to reception, said the water was not hot, I got the stare of my life and told he would move us rooms, I said, that that wasn’t the only problem, and I didn’t want to stay. I asked for a refund. He refused – it was explained to him that I had paid a $20 dog fee and it was in his best interest to refund that at least, as the puppies hadn’t been in the room. He did that. But I was told I have been in the room too many hours to refund me. So, I left, checked in elsewhere and had a fantastic stay for the same price -a Quality Inn.

I never got refunded and I told him I would be posting to Social Media and review sites – here I am. I assume I will never be refunded, but I hope this goes a long way to making sure you choose to spend you hard earned money wisely.

The photos tell a nice story. Be aware, look at the doors on the rooms they are filthy, inside and out, the telltale signs are all there, I chose to ignore them, silly me.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank NumberFiveCafe
Reviewed October 31, 2016

Stayed here twice and will be back. Cant ask for better, the staff are amazing,its clean, its cheap, has a microwave, fridge and its right in the middle of all the places we go! The only small issue we had was there was no hot water in the shower but there was hot water in the sink...besides this everything was perfect. I would recommend this place 100%!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Very Good place very clean rooms large bathroom with a kitchen and a big parking space also and in a quite place the owner and staff were really nice near downtown i will book in this motel eveytime im in the city
i recommend this place to anyone going to Moncton.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Staff are very friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay memorable. Wife & I stayed here, and one of the most relaxing stay in this beautiful gem hidden by the heart of downtown Moncton.

They have rooms fully furnished with kitchen for extended stay as well. The rooms are very clean & spacious.

walking distance to restaurants and bars. shopping mall is 10 mins walking distance as well. They have wifi for free as well.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Jude A, Owner at Midtown Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Well, thank you heartily for considering our motel "a gem". We work quite hard to make our customers' stays the best possible.
Hoping to see you with us again sometime, we greet you cordially.