“No Problems”

Econo Lodge Moncton
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, so, was expecting the worst. However, we arrived to find a 'motel' that was just fine. The room was clean - yes, dated. The air conditioner worked - a bit loud. The pool was nice - the slide was fun (it needs a repair), but, it works. The bathroom was fine - it is small but, it's fine. I would say the Econo Lodge is fine. It's not fancy or up-to-date - but, it's $60 - $80 or more per night less expensive than other hotels nearby. I think people who set realistic expectations for an Econo Lodge won't be disappointed - or overly excited.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank spfam7

Reviewed 25 July 2011

To make a long story short I went to Moncton to purchase a car, I saved over 5000$ just to drive to Moncton so on the way down there the wife and I though why not try this place out. Since it was an Econo Lodge we figured the price would be fair and which it was. Big mistake I wish I would have knew this website was around before I booked this room. For another 30$ i could have had a nice room at the Holiday Inn.
The room had a foul odor that reminded me of a dirty smell. there was two bugs ear wigs crawling on the carpet and the bathroom was the same. Stains all over the floors and the carpet was also wet.. So without any more say I went to the front desk and asked for my money back and they said no. That I would have to speak to the manager tomorrow and I said I am not saying here.. The guy there stated I would still be charged and I told him no I wont be. I called my credit card company and they stoped the payment on the room and I never got charged.. I called the manager serveral times and he never caleld back. I am guessing he does not care about his guests.. I drove down the road and stayed at the Future inn for 35$ more and it was like a palace.. be warned do not stay here .. Also there was alot of shady people out and around the hotel was even nervous to leave my new car there..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Rlynch87
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The manager checked us in, and not only was he rude, he blamed other employees for mistakes when he decided to up the room rate that had been previously quoted to us. Once I got to my room, the smell of smoke was overwhelming, which I thought was odd as I had requested a non smoking room. My husband promptly returned to the front desk and we were then changed to a non smoking room which actually smelled good compared to the room we had just been in. The room was small and very dated. Wall paper peeling of the walls, damage to the ceiling, stains on carpet, black mold in the bathroom, the lock on the door for joining rooms was broke. The beds were very low to the ground, and more firm than a plank of wood. I was so pleased to wake up in the morning to find 3 earwigs and a beatle in the part of the bedspread that had touched the floor. We had expected to stay two nights, but no way were we staying there another night. At check out, a very kind front desk clerk told me that our rooms had been booked as non smoking and the previous agreed upon rate had been in the notes. This tells me that the manager is riping people off for his own good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank MRBurton
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Now, I am no stranger to travel. I usually travel in style (Sheraton, Westin, Delta, Radisson, etc.), but I was with a group of people and we needed a decently-priced place to stay. There were 12 of us, so we took advantage of their 3 double bed suites. Well, suite is a bit of exaggeration. Yes, there were three beds. Yes, there was a kitchen. But it was not a suite. The beds were worse than those terrible beds you sleep on at summer camp. The rooms smelled. The bathrooms operated poorly. The staff was rude (blaming us for our room key cards not working). I truthfully cannot think of one positive to say about the experience (oh wait...it was conveniently located). It felt like one of those dive motels you pay $39/night for...and we paid $129!! For your sake, for your family's sake, for your back's sake, pay the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn or the Country Inn. Avoid this at all costs!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JordonTheWhite
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Had the displeasure on having to stay here. The sheets, carpets, towels, phone were dirty and outdated by decades. Made the mistake of pulling back sheets to check for bedbugs (a problem everywhere). No bugs but the number and types of stains more than made up for it. Would not remove my footwear the entire time I was there. Mouldy, bathrooms fixtures falling apart, wall paper torn and dirty. The "lounge" attached to the premises certainly attracted the type of people you would really look forward to meeting outside your motel room door... not! Did I mention not having any hot water as well... or the smell that lerked everywhere?
I could go on but really, what is the point.
If you find yourself in Moncton and are in the unfortunate situation of having to stay here my advise to you is to sleep in the back seat of your car instead.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank challenger154964
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Last minute stop in Moncton. Booked by phone should have used internet to check reviews. Dirty, beat-up rooms with mold in bathroom. Strange characters hanging around in the parking lot. The floor would move when walking around.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank brasshiller77
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We needed a place that was pet friendly and economical. The Econo Lodge, Moncton seemed to fit. Lobby was nice but as soon as we opened the door to the room it was a disaster. Had it not been for the time of day and fact that we had been driving for 8 or more hours we would have moved on. The room was smelly. Old, moldy and about anything else you could say. Terrible

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple