We were looking for a 2 day getaway with our two children. We booked a two night all inclusive package at the Ramada Crystal Palace which include a pass to the park $100 gift certificate to McGinnis Restaurant and pizza for the second night for family of 4 as well as a $20 gift certificate to the movies. We planned to spend most of the time at crystal palace and the pool. Until a friend told me how wonderful the Delta Beasejour was, that they have excellent food (Good food is very important) and they had a new waterslide, which would be fun for the kids! I did a lot of research to see if it would be worth switching our reservation to the Delta, they had a March Break Madness package which included breakfast for a family of 4 and dinner for family of 4, but the only problem was it was a set menu for dinner that was brought in just for march break. You had 4 choices for a main course (burger and fries, chicken, or fried fish) it offered you a starter soup or salad and a desert. I was hesitant on this, but was assured that the food is top notch, and high quality so we decieded to go for it.
This was a big mistake when it came to the food, the starter was good soup or salad, but the main course was VERY disappointing. My husband ordered a burger and fries ( i expected top notch) it was the most processed piece of meat I had ever seen, a big thick FAKE burger. It was discusting and disapointing. I had the fish, which was tooo greasy, and another family we were with had the chicken, which was disapointing as well. (I was embaressed because I told this other family what a great deal this was and how good the food is) The kids were able to order off of this menu, but the waitress pushed the kids menu, which is a small pice of pizza or very tiny bowl of kraft dinner. There was no talking my kids out of that once they seen the kids menu. The kids were served their tiny bowl of kd and small pizza when we received our starters, so they were done in a few minutes and were left trying to eat our food because they were still hungry. I had to ask the waitress for a roll because i felt the kd was not enough. The children should have been offered starters as well!!! Very disappointing and a waste of time we could have enjoyed ourselves at another restaurant or ordered what we wanted from their REAL menu. On a positive note, the morning breakfast buffet was well worth it very good food and plenty to choose from. They just made a very POOR choice for the dinner menu. and wasted our time.
The room was o.k. We stayed in a king pull out couch for the children, room was small, but that was expected. We had a connecting room with a different family. I was disappointed when we walked in the room, because the carpets had 3 very large stains which made me feel the room was dirty, that was not nice to see, other than that that room was ok. We called the front desk about the dirty carpets, they offered to move us, but the other family was already settled and kids were tired. The bed was very comfortable. They offered a free movie because it was my child's b'day, so that was nice. After children fell asleep I had a hard time falling asleep because I could hear a party happeneing, loud laughter and yelling. Not sure if it was coming from the vents or a room down the hall. In the morning we could hear a baby crying. Waterslide was hit for the kids, so really the only positive difference to the ramada is the slide, so if Ramada gets a slide that is were we will be. Also, asked for a bandade at front desk, because my daughter cut her chin, receptionist said oh, sorry we ran out,??I felt she could have tried harder, I'm sure there must have been a bandaide somwhere??
We complained at the Triiio Restaurant, he agreed that he had complaints of the fake burger as well, and recommended to the front desk, to take $30 of our room. That was nice, but to me still was not worth it, we paid $189 for room, breakfast and dinner, we could have paid $131 for room and breakfast so that left us paying $58 for the dinner, where our children ate K.D (and this was suppose to be a $100 meal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A part of the city's steadily growing skyline, Delta Hotels by Marriott Beauséjour is a downtown Moncton, New Brunswick hotel located at the geographic center of the Maritimes and nestled in the Petitcodiac River Valley. Premier among Moncton, Canada hotels, we are renowned for our cuisine, our conference facilities and our boundless opportunities for family fun. Experience the award-winning cuisine and Four Diamond service of the Windjammer. Our innovative TRIIO Restaurant and Bar promises a vibrant family or business meal, while Le Café answers the everyday need for good food quickly. Enjoy our indoor mineral-water pool and the largest indoor hotel waterslide in New Brunswick. A fun room stocked with the latest gaming consoles and Internet access adds to the entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Beausejour Hotel Moncton
- Delta Beausejour Moncton
- Delta Moncton
- Hotel Delta Beausejour
- Moncton Delta
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Beausejour Moncton, New Brunswick