“Delta Beausejour or Ramada Crystal Palace?”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Moncton
Halifax, Canada
“Delta Beausejour or Ramada Crystal Palace?”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We were looking for a 2 day getaway with our two children. We booked a two night all inclusive package at the Ramada Crystal Palace which include a pass to the park $100 gift certificate to McGinnis Restaurant and pizza for the second night for family of 4 as well as a $20 gift certificate to the movies. We planned to spend most of the time at crystal palace and the pool. Until a friend told me how wonderful the Delta Beasejour was, that they have excellent food (Good food is very important) and they had a new waterslide, which would be fun for the kids! I did a lot of research to see if it would be worth switching our reservation to the Delta, they had a March Break Madness package which included breakfast for a family of 4 and dinner for family of 4, but the only problem was it was a set menu for dinner that was brought in just for march break. You had 4 choices for a main course (burger and fries, chicken, or fried fish) it offered you a starter soup or salad and a desert. I was hesitant on this, but was assured that the food is top notch, and high quality so we decieded to go for it.

This was a big mistake when it came to the food, the starter was good soup or salad, but the main course was VERY disappointing. My husband ordered a burger and fries ( i expected top notch) it was the most processed piece of meat I had ever seen, a big thick FAKE burger. It was discusting and disapointing. I had the fish, which was tooo greasy, and another family we were with had the chicken, which was disapointing as well. (I was embaressed because I told this other family what a great deal this was and how good the food is) The kids were able to order off of this menu, but the waitress pushed the kids menu, which is a small pice of pizza or very tiny bowl of kraft dinner. There was no talking my kids out of that once they seen the kids menu. The kids were served their tiny bowl of kd and small pizza when we received our starters, so they were done in a few minutes and were left trying to eat our food because they were still hungry. I had to ask the waitress for a roll because i felt the kd was not enough. The children should have been offered starters as well!!! Very disappointing and a waste of time we could have enjoyed ourselves at another restaurant or ordered what we wanted from their REAL menu. On a positive note, the morning breakfast buffet was well worth it very good food and plenty to choose from. They just made a very POOR choice for the dinner menu. and wasted our time.

The room was o.k. We stayed in a king pull out couch for the children, room was small, but that was expected. We had a connecting room with a different family. I was disappointed when we walked in the room, because the carpets had 3 very large stains which made me feel the room was dirty, that was not nice to see, other than that that room was ok. We called the front desk about the dirty carpets, they offered to move us, but the other family was already settled and kids were tired. The bed was very comfortable. They offered a free movie because it was my child's b'day, so that was nice. After children fell asleep I had a hard time falling asleep because I could hear a party happeneing, loud laughter and yelling. Not sure if it was coming from the vents or a room down the hall. In the morning we could hear a baby crying. Waterslide was hit for the kids, so really the only positive difference to the ramada is the slide, so if Ramada gets a slide that is were we will be. Also, asked for a bandade at front desk, because my daughter cut her chin, receptionist said oh, sorry we ran out,??I felt she could have tried harder, I'm sure there must have been a bandaide somwhere??
We complained at the Triiio Restaurant, he agreed that he had complaints of the fake burger as well, and recommended to the front desk, to take $30 of our room. That was nice, but to me still was not worth it, we paid $189 for room, breakfast and dinner, we could have paid $131 for room and breakfast so that left us paying $58 for the dinner, where our children ate K.D (and this was suppose to be a $100 meal).

6 Thank Family902
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
We thank you for sharing your concerns about your recent stay with your children. Unfortunately, the room your family were assigned is scheduled for carpet replacement, which will take place in the very near future. 170 of our guest rooms have been refitted with new carpet and the remaining 140 will have new carpet within the next four months.

With regard to the children's menu, we have shared your comments with our chef and he is making the appropriate changes to the items on the menu. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with regard to your meal, and we are pleased to hear how much you appreciated our breakfast buffet, which is recognized as top notch in the city, and that your family enjoyed our waterslide.

We regret the disturbance as you were trying to get to sleep, and if our security personnel had been averted, they would have taken action to quiet any noisemaking.

We sincerely apologize for the response you received to your request for a bandaid, and we have taken this up with the front desk agent in question.

We would like to have you return to the hotel for another visit, and I would be pleased to personally assist you with your next reservation, to ensure that you have a great stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome your family to enjoy the largest indoor hotel waterslide in the province and to offer you a great dining experience in our TRIIIO Restaurant. Please contact me directly at marc.dionne@deltahotels.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

i stayed in this hotel when i was on my way to Maine for a shopping trip! i stayed in room 223. the room was nice break from being in a car for 7 hours. the check in was very good and speedy! the room had an interesting layout compared to other hotel rooms I've been in. the only 2 Problems i had was noise coming from a vent and the elevators were really slow. i loved the pool area and enjoyed the water slide!

Room Tip: i would prefer a room on west block but 223 was fine for me!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for reaching out and sharing your comments on our property on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the efficiency of our staff and especially the waterslide and pool area. We hope to see you again soon.

New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I had to work all week while the kids were on March Break so we decided to do a fun getaway with them on the weekend. We spent the afternoon at Crystal Palace then headed to the hotel around 4:30. We had a fantastic March Break pkg, it included a room, dinner for 4, breakfast for 4, free parking and 2 Star bucks coffees only for 189.00!! The food was great, we were all very happy with it. My kids had asked what dessert would be and I figured since it ws free it would be something cheap like jello or pudding, I was wrong it was a deliscous Pumpkin Cheesecake. Service was great in all aspects, from the time we checked in until we checked out! The restaurant service was excellent as well.
The pool and waterslide were fantastic the kids loved it! Great idea having a games room as well.
Our room was very nice, it had an older tv but it did the job!
While I was taking my shower I notice the ceiling was leaking so we called the front desk to let them know maybe the tub above us was over flowed or something. Not 5 minutes later a maintenance man came to have a look at it.
Usually when we go to Moncton we stay at the Crystal Palace hotel but I preferred this hotel and we will stay there from now on instead.

Room Tip: The only thing I would not like is paying for parking at a hotel, this weekend we did not have to as...
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A very nice hotel, friendly service by staff, clean room. I travelled with kids and they enjoyed the pool and waterslide. The waterslide does not dump into the pool which is safer for the kids. I can't give a 5 star rating because the room was small and no free breakfast. I would not recommend for families because of the small room but for couples or solo travellers it is a great hotel.

Bathurst, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Forgive the date, but my most recent stay was in May 2010. Went with my wife and two year old.

We booked a signature club room and the front desk excitedly told us we were in one of the rooms with the newest bathroom layouts. The room was very nice, but a standup shower only (no tub) doesn't work with a two year old. Unfortunately, there were no more signature rooms left with a plain old tub, so we were downgraded to a premier room. The decor was not nearly as nice, but the room was comfortable.

The included breakfast was mearly adequate, and in fact, my wife brought our son to Cora's across the street for a real breakfast on our second morning.

Since I was there for a conference, I will mention that the banquet space is nice, with plenty of room and comfortable seating, but the food defines the age old "rubber chicken" lunch.

All in all, I would stay here again in one of the newer Sinature rooms if it was just my wife and I. There are better 'family' hotels to be had in Moncton.

• Stayed April 2011
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

From the moment you walk in the door until the time you depart the Delta Beausejour is my home away from home. The staff are not only friendly and caring - they truly care about you as a guest. As a frequent traveler there are many hotels in this country that could take a page from the customer service etiquette the staff at the Delta Beausejour demonstrate. Thank you seems to say so little - it means so much! Thank you Delta team! MsB.

Room Tip: I like my room close to the elevator on the higher floor- in spite of a location close to the elevat...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jessie G
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear the excellent comments about your recent stay at the Delta Beausejour and especially happy to hear that you enjoyed the customer service of our staff. We pride ourselves on professional service levels and I will be sharing your comments with all of our colleagues in our next hotel meeting .
Thanks for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming you back again soon.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We have stayed at Delta Beausejour many times and while the most times our stay was never without its little glitches, the staff here looked after us. This time was no different. Our TV didn't work and they replaced it. They forgot to give us soap and they came with the soap and their apologies.They have gluten-free products--great for my friend who is gluten-sensitive. They serve starbucks coffee and tea. From front desk and concierge to wait-staff, they are friendly and service-oriented. They do have limited valet parking,lots of additional parking, and they are in the centre of the city so whether we want a bank or another coffee shop, we can find one easily.

Room Tip: I like a room near ground le4vel but the rooms in four and above are the ones with the HD TVs.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaye007
Marc D, Rooms Division Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Delta Beausejour. I was very pleased with your feedback and glad that when you stay with us you always have a wonderful stay. I am especially glad you find our location convenient for your daily tasks and the service to be friendly and quick. I hope to see you again soon.