Lowest prices for your stay
CrownePlaza.com
C$161
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Go574739

Not a Family Friendly Hotel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 2, 2023
Although the renovations are nice and the rooms very comfortable, we went for a hockey tournament and it was not family friendly or team accommodating. The hotel was full and they had one elevator working. We were on the 8th floor which means we had to carry everything up 8 floors. I had to carry a backpack with me just to avoid having to go back to the room and walking 8 flights. They had multiple teams staying but would only let them use the conference rooms for $250 which I have never experienced at any other hotel. The consequence of that is parties in rooms. I had to stop a team awards in the room next to us at 12:30 am with 40+ people. And although breakfast was not included, which we knew, $19 for a kids breakfast is ridiculous. The “entertainment “ centre next door is a nice feature and automatically assumes it’s a family hotel - it’s not. But 50% of the centre was broke or not operating so not a big draw in reality. Typically we only come to SJ for hockey so this hotel is off the list.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Carol Bastarache, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Dec 2, 2023
Thank for sharing your feedback. Sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of replacing one of our elevators. With all the teams in the hotel waiting is unfortunate, we do apologize for the inconvenience this caused. In our entertainment centre we are finishing the final stages of our renovations. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
C$175
  • Wyndham
    C$110
4.0 km from Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel
View more hotels in Saint John
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2023

Let me just say that this one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had in my 40 years of traveling.
Upon arriving in our room on the 6th floor the fire alarm went off, my traveling companion went downstairs to ask if there was a fire to which the front desk person replied "I'm new here", a phrase we would hear many more times during our stay. Thankfully, no fire. The next morning at 6:30AM the alarms again went off. While in a state of undress and my friend in the shower a pounding on the door which had a do not disturb on it, I said "just a moment" to which the pounding got louder, I then screamed "just a moment!" It was at that time the door was forced open thankfully the bar lock was deployed and these men could not enter. I put on a coat and to my surprise found an angry looking fire chief and maintenance worker at the door. (This was at least 2 hours after the fire alarm had gone off.) One of us had been the victim of a violent crime in the past and this was extremely terrifying, we reported the incident to the front desk who was covering "for management", she stated she would report it. We heard nothing from management and reported it again the next day, the gentleman at the front desk approached me later in the day and stated "they won't do it again". We, as of this writing, have never heard from the management of this hotel. I personally am loyal to another chain and am not used to this type of treatment.
Upon checking in we were told by the man who checked us in that the restaurant had "great food", to that I say walk a few minutes to Tim Horton's if you decide to stay here.
The room was clean, bed was comfortable, but you had better be ready to wake up at 7AM because construction workers start pounding early.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carol Bastarache, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2023

Dear Holly,
Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay. We value the opinions of our guests and evaluate each message, and comment to find out how we can better improve our service for all our guests experience. We strive to provide comfort and safety to all our guests. The property is fully renovated, and the last stage of the renovation was replacing the fire alarm system. We do apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. The alarm system is an addressable that rings into each guest. The Fire Marshal had to check every guest’s room to verify the system’s completion. This is for all our guests and staff safety. Unfortunately, this needed to be done for final inspection. I do apologize that your situation wasn’t brought to my attention. Again, your feedback from your stay will help us identify the opportunities where we can focus on making improvements. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2023

I called Oct 7 2023 booked a room as I was attending Dance Quest and this was the cheapest at less than 200.00 at the time of booking, however that soon changed upon arrival the desk clerk was in training and easily frustrated and politely told me that will be 340.00, I asked "340.00 for 1 night?" she looked puzzled and then asked Raj who came over and told me "oh yes 290.00 plus 50.00 international fee which will be refunded 2-5 days back to your credit card." I told him I had a booking number that I didn't have with me at the time but he wasn't interested other than getting payment all the while smiling. I can't be certain what I was quoted at the time of booking but can assure you all had I been told it was 340.00 a night I would have stayed at the Hilton or Delta whose rooms are much nicer and even though their prices were highly inflated due to an event that drew a crowd it would have been well worth the money I paid to stay in this place with it's questional elevator. This place is under renovations and may actually be okay once finished however it certainly was not worth 290.00 and even on line the prices are just over 100.00 a night. I was taken in my opinion on this deal and will never go back nor recommend and contemplating what my next step may be. My son stayed in the same place for 2 nights and as much or maybe a little less than I did and when I get a copy of his bill I will post as it along with my own to show how they actually scammed me.

Room tip: get an email sent of quoted price at time of booking
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2023 via mobile

We loved the hotel, we had a very pleasant experience during our 15 day stay at Canadas Best Value. Clean and comfortable rooms, comfortable areas, the cleaning staff always looking after us. Special thanks to Farid who kindly welcomed us always attentive and with the best attitude and service vocation, as well as Cindy, in charge of the restaurant area, friendly and cordial. Thank you guys for making us feel at home being foreigners, you made our stay enjoyable and special. My family and I highly recommend this hotel if you come to SJ on vacation, you will love it.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brittany Edison, Owner at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2023

Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us! We appreciate your business and staff shoutouts. I have shared with with each staff member and their department heads to thank them for such a wonderful job taking care of each of our guests!