Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CharlieW
Dieppe, Canada

Good price, convenient location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 17, 2024via mobile
We stayed at this hotel when my child had a sports tournament in Saint John for 3 days. It’s close to uptown Saint John and has free parking on site. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful. There is a pool and an arcade on the property miking it kid-friendly.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded Apr 18, 2024
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View for your recent stay in Saint John. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear about your experience.
Our commitment to maritime hospitality is unwavering, and we’re thrilled that you found our newly renovated hotel to be a blend of coastal allure and modern comfort. Whether your visit was for business or leisure, we strive to elevate your stay in every way possible.

Our thoughtfully designed guest rooms offer a perfect blend of relaxation and productivity. With plush bedding and free Wi-Fi, you can unwind while enjoying unrivaled views of the city, iconic landmarks, and the beautiful bay.
Our team takes pride in providing exceptional service. We’re delighted that you found our staff friendly and helpful.
We’re also excited to announce a comprehensive upgrade to our elevators, ensuring an enhanced experience for all our guests. During this process, one elevator will remain operational at all times, having undergone a complete renovation to ensure uninterrupted service and improved functionality.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Thanks and best regards,
    C$143
    C$170
0.3 km from Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel
View more hotels in Saint John
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2024

Went for appy hour. Service was excellent. Debby was very friendly and knowledgeable. $5 draft, $6 Caesar’s, and $7 apps. Can’t go wrong. Nachos and wings were fantastic, especially for the price point. Washrooms are very clean as well. Highly recommend

Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank Sean E
Rajitha Fernandopulle, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2024

Dear Sean,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay, and for sharing your valuable feedback. We appreciate your patronage and are thrilled to hear about your positive experience.

We’re delighted that Debby provided excellent service during your visit. Our team takes pride in ensuring that every guest feels welcome and well taken care of. Debby’s friendly demeanor and knowledge contribute to the warm atmosphere we strive to create.
We’re glad you enjoyed our $5 draft, $6 Caesar’s, and $7 apps. Our culinary team works hard to create delicious and satisfying options for our guests. The nachos and wings are indeed fantastic, especially considering the price point.

Maintaining cleanliness throughout our property is a top priority. We’re pleased that you found our washrooms to be very clean. Your comfort and satisfaction matter to us.

Thank you for highly recommending Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Should you have any further requests or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Safe travels!

Thanks and best regards,
Rajitha Fernandopulle,
Guest Service manager

Reviewed March 11, 2024

Fantastic stay! Saved our trip! We had an emergency change of plans and they were so easy to find online, clean, luxurious, kid friendly, accomidsting. The price was unbelievable! The pool and hot tub and even a family activity center was very nice. It was definatly a highlight of out trip !

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Miranda L
Rajitha Fernandopulle, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2024

Dear Miranda,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay! We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic experience and that we were able to save your trip during an emergency change of plans. Our team takes pride in providing excellent service, and we’re delighted to know that you found us easily online.

Cleanliness and luxury are top priorities for us, and we’re glad you noticed. It’s wonderful to hear that our facilities, including the pool, hot tub, and family entertainment center, added to the enjoyment of your stay. We strive to create a welcoming environment for guests of all ages, so we’re pleased that you found us kid-friendly.

Thank you for making us a highlight of your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2023

Although the renovations are nice and the rooms very comfortable, we went for a hockey tournament and it was not family friendly or team accommodating. The hotel was full and they had one elevator working. We were on the 8th floor which means we had to carry everything up 8 floors. I had to carry a backpack with me just to avoid having to go back to the room and walking 8 flights. They had multiple teams staying but would only let them use the conference rooms for $250 which I have never experienced at any other hotel. The consequence of that is parties in rooms. I had to stop a team awards in the room next to us at 12:30 am with 40+ people. And although breakfast was not included, which we knew, $19 for a kids breakfast is ridiculous. The “entertainment “ centre next door is a nice feature and automatically assumes it’s a family hotel - it’s not. But 50% of the centre was broke or not operating so not a big draw in reality. Typically we only come to SJ for hockey so this hotel is off the list.

Date of stay: December 2023
1  Thank Go574739
Carol Bastarache, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2023

Thank for sharing your feedback. Sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of replacing one of our elevators. With all the teams in the hotel waiting is unfortunate, we do apologize for the inconvenience this caused. In our entertainment centre we are finishing the final stages of our renovations. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2023

Let me just say that this one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had in my 40 years of traveling.
Upon arriving in our room on the 6th floor the fire alarm went off, my traveling companion went downstairs to ask if there was a fire to which the front desk person replied "I'm new here", a phrase we would hear many more times during our stay. Thankfully, no fire. The next morning at 6:30AM the alarms again went off. While in a state of undress and my friend in the shower a pounding on the door which had a do not disturb on it, I said "just a moment" to which the pounding got louder, I then screamed "just a moment!" It was at that time the door was forced open thankfully the bar lock was deployed and these men could not enter. I put on a coat and to my surprise found an angry looking fire chief and maintenance worker at the door. (This was at least 2 hours after the fire alarm had gone off.) One of us had been the victim of a violent crime in the past and this was extremely terrifying, we reported the incident to the front desk who was covering "for management", she stated she would report it. We heard nothing from management and reported it again the next day, the gentleman at the front desk approached me later in the day and stated "they won't do it again". We, as of this writing, have never heard from the management of this hotel. I personally am loyal to another chain and am not used to this type of treatment.
Upon checking in we were told by the man who checked us in that the restaurant had "great food", to that I say walk a few minutes to Tim Horton's if you decide to stay here.
The room was clean, bed was comfortable, but you had better be ready to wake up at 7AM because construction workers start pounding early.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Carol Bastarache, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2023

Dear Holly,
Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay. We value the opinions of our guests and evaluate each message, and comment to find out how we can better improve our service for all our guests experience. We strive to provide comfort and safety to all our guests. The property is fully renovated, and the last stage of the renovation was replacing the fire alarm system. We do apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. The alarm system is an addressable that rings into each guest. The Fire Marshal had to check every guest’s room to verify the system’s completion. This is for all our guests and staff safety. Unfortunately, this needed to be done for final inspection. I do apologize that your situation wasn’t brought to my attention. Again, your feedback from your stay will help us identify the opportunities where we can focus on making improvements. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me. I look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2023

I called Oct 7 2023 booked a room as I was attending Dance Quest and this was the cheapest at less than 200.00 at the time of booking, however that soon changed upon arrival the desk clerk was in training and easily frustrated and politely told me that will be 340.00, I asked "340.00 for 1 night?" she looked puzzled and then asked Raj who came over and told me "oh yes 290.00 plus 50.00 international fee which will be refunded 2-5 days back to your credit card." I told him I had a booking number that I didn't have with me at the time but he wasn't interested other than getting payment all the while smiling. I can't be certain what I was quoted at the time of booking but can assure you all had I been told it was 340.00 a night I would have stayed at the Hilton or Delta whose rooms are much nicer and even though their prices were highly inflated due to an event that drew a crowd it would have been well worth the money I paid to stay in this place with it's questional elevator. This place is under renovations and may actually be okay once finished however it certainly was not worth 290.00 and even on line the prices are just over 100.00 a night. I was taken in my opinion on this deal and will never go back nor recommend and contemplating what my next step may be. My son stayed in the same place for 2 nights and as much or maybe a little less than I did and when I get a copy of his bill I will post as it along with my own to show how they actually scammed me.

Room tip: get an email sent of quoted price at time of booking
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Rajitha Fernandopulle, Guest Services / Front Office at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View, An Ihg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Saint John Harbour View. I am sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the room rate and the service at check-in.

Our goal is to provide a seamless and transparent booking process, and it is clear we fell short of your expectations. I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience caused by the rate discrepancy and the handling of your reservation. Your comments have been shared with our front desk team to ensure that we improve our training and communication to prevent such situations in the future.

Regarding the charges, please contact me directly at 506-657-7320 so we can investigate this matter further and make it right. We value your feedback and would like to resolve any issues to your satisfaction.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our services.

Warm regards,