All reviews shopping mall self parking a bit confusing brunswick square king street front desk staff undergoing renovations bed and pillows rooms are nice hotel is great hotel restaurant fitness center one night stay central location restaurants and shops pool and hot tub new brunswick
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Driving to the hotel is a little confusing trying to figure out where the drop off and check in area is located. At night, it was just a shot in the dark that I pulled into the garage entry as there are no signs (that I saw) directing me to the Delta Hotel drop off. In addition, the self parking is a bit confusing with having to drive around the block to the garage, take the mall elevators, and follow the signs to the hotel. Very disorienting.

Beyond the driving part, it's a lovely hotel in a very active part of downtown. Location, location, location. Restaurants, bars, waterfront, historic district, indoor mall, city market...it's all there and just a short walk to any or all.

The hotel itself, being part of the Marriott family, is very nice as expected. From the bedding to the quiet rooms. If you're room is down the hall, the hallways are quite long, In fact, the longest hallways I've seen in a hotel. It was okay for me, but might be a problem for others.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again when I'm back in St John. Also look forward to breakfast at Cora's again, too. What a great breakfast!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators otherwise it will be a long walk.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Stephen W, Director of Revenue Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

charleyyy,

Thank you for your 4 out of 5 review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay; once you found us. We apologize that you had difficulty finding us on King Street to help you check-in and then give parking options/directions. We are in the process of improving signage at both entrances. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy Cora's in neighboring Brunswick Square. Thank you again for sharing; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I think the hotel is decent overall. The only issue was it was under construction when we stayed there due to which the entrance was not appealing. However, it is right in the center of the city, close to the main resteraunts and even attached to a mall. The rooms were a good size, and overall I had a comfortable stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
CraigW3096, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Good Evening dulz93,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so thrilled that you choose to stay with us while in Saint John. We too are excited for our main entrance to complete the renovation process.

Looking forward to welcoming you back when it has been completed!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

The rooms were beautiful, clean and right in the centre of St. John. The rooms were very modern and looked lovely. We only stayed for one night on a tour. The breakfast was first class and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Right in the centre of the town
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Stephen W, Director of Revenue Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

smiley055,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have your tour stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our modern rooms in addition to your first class breakfast and our helpful staff. Thank you again for sharing; we look forward to a future opportunity for you to join us.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

The historical center of St John, a city of just over 100,000, is very small and extends up a 4 to 5 block hill from the Market Square (now a collection of restaurants and small shops). This hotel is three blocks from the square, uphill. If driving in, there is a disguised entry that permits safe and unhurried drop off. Valet parking ($30c/day) or self parking garage ($20c/day) close by is available. Rooms are nice but hardly special for the price. Security is excellent. Hotel restaurant's breakfasts were disappointing - pancakes from a mix, with fried shell exterior and uncooked interior were inedible...and for two mornings straight we could not get soft scrambled eggs but got hard rubbery eggs instead - problem seemed to be in the kitchen; the waitstaff tried very hard to please. The shower head is almost unusable for anyone over 6'. its fixed position stream striking me in mid abdomen (I'm 6'4"). We had continuing concert of machinery noises outside our room, as when an AC compressor starts up, but there was no visible machinery. The window curtains are not completely light blocking and our windows had an eastern exposure, allowing bright shafts of light to enter early. Beds were comfortable but the firm kingsize pillows were not usable for me. The daily rate was palatable considering the current USD/CD exchange rate, although the New Brunswick 15% harmonized sales tax chewed up a lot of that differential. I would look for another hotel on my next visit to St. John.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodmac
Stephen W, Director of Revenue Managmenet at Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

woodmac,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our historical city. We are reviewing your comments regarding the hotel room and our food offerings with our team. The experience that you had is not reflective of the service we are proud to deliver and do hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Saint John.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed August 25. Young man was awesome and very helpful. The guy who brought me my room service was also awesome!! I can’t find their names.

The hotel was okay. Harbour views are minimal. There is no street entrance, you have to drive into a parkade to find the entrance. I drove around the block a few times before I realized this.

The hotel is in a giant square, I booked directly with Delta but still got a room way far away from the elevators.

$25 for valet parking? That’s ridiculous. However I didn’t see any other option so was stuck paying it. The young man who brought me my car couldn’t be bothered to help me with my suitcase.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Stephen W, Director of Revenue Management at Delta Hotels by Marriott Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Jean,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you had a good experience with Front Desk and Room Service. We apologize that you had difficulty finding our location and found our valet parking costly. We equally apologize that we missed an opportunity to help you with your bags. We will certainly look into the value of our valet and ensure we are more consistently provided luggage assistance. Thank for you for providing your valuable feedback. We look forward to any future opportunity to have you with us for a much better experience.