“Very romantic :)”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very romantic :)”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Went with my fiancée for a nice dinner. I've been at this place a few times but the best time to go is Friday nights, the live Spanish music is pretty alright :) I can't get enough of the food and the atmosphere. The service is good, a bit slow but the food is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. The value is good, some other places you go the potions aren't very big bit sill expensive.

A good date spot :)

1 Thank Kathy412

Toronto, Canada
“Rip Off”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

After reading the reviews here, we thought the food would be amazing. Unfortunately this was not the case, and the first clue should have been that we were the only clients on a Tuesday night at 8 pm.
One of my colleagues asked for the food to be very spicey, and it was just mild. The quality of the food was average. The alcoholic beverages were a disaster (a margarita that tastes like pineapple????). Salad was iceberg lettuce. I was offered rice or salad to go with my meal, and I only found out that they charged $4 extra for the rice when I questioned the fee on the bill. There is absolutely nothing authentic about this restaurant.

Visited October 2011
TacoPica, Owner at Taco Pica Worker Cooperative, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our Restaurant, we have been in business since 1994 but this year is our first year with the internet reviews which will help us improve the quality of our service and our food. Our menu has different price ranges, and when ordering a soft taco, a quesadilla or a soup, we recommend getting it with the Especial de la Casa: comes with a side of rice, garden salad and refried beans for $6.95; our reason is to give you the chance to try it the same way we eat it back home! and if your salsa is not hot or your margarita is lacking lime juice, don't be shy and ask your server to change it! We hope you give us a second chance next time you are in town. Salud!
Saint John, Canada
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Taco Pica is my favourite mexican restaurant. It has very friendly staff, and a great atmosphere! The service can sometimes be a little on the slow side, but the food is definitely worth it- it is much better than Mexicali Rosa's.

• Visited June 2011
So glad to hear you like our foods and thank you for taking the time to write the review; hope to see you again soon!
Durham
“Good, Not Great Mexican... and a bit pricey”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've eaten at Taco Pica a few times. I crave Mexican food, and when I'm in Saint John, there's not a lot to choose from. I'd make my own, but I can't even find canned chipotle peppers there.

Taco Pica is not bad. Some of the dishes I've had have been rather good. I think the prices are extreme, and the service is hit or miss.

Probably my favorite thing on the menu is the Chorizo Nachos. Their chorizo is sliced, like a sliced hot dog. I'm used to chorizo being broken up and sauteed. This was just different.

Again, the price for the size of the portion left me wanting more.

• Visited July 2011
Glad to hear you crave Mexican and even cook your own which helps understand that food flavours varies from a region in Guatemala to a region in Mexico; we encourage you to continue tasting the items in the menu that have all the flavours of the different chillies available to us, like the Pepian, Tequila Cactus pork, Pollo caporal or the Chicken in Green sauce. Thank you for your review.
Boston
“Good atmosphere - they try to please”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We came upon this restaurant while searching for something less expensive than most of St. John and ended up having an enjoyable meal and evening. The food is good and 'home cooked'. We had huge servings filled with vegies or meat. That's what you get. If you like latino/mexican food and a pleasant atmosphere, you will be happy

• Visited August 2011