Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kari O

#1 location for Family OR Business/Team

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 10, 2024
I truly cannot say enough great things about this hotel. We have had the pleasure of living here for 3 months during home renovations and we feel like family.

Logistics:
*Most convenient location with shopping and restaurants in our backyard.
*Free full breakfast buffet with fun waffle station the kids and grownups love, plus eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, fruit, yogurt etc.
*Free parking laid out close to entrances.
*Swimming pool and hot tub with waterslide.
*Pet friendly with lobby treats.

Most importantly, it’s the people who work here who make this place special. And it’s not just us long term residents. I have overheard more employee compliments from others than I can count. And I have witnessed so many examples of staff going above and beyond for their patrons. They even spoil our cat!!!

Our family needs to give special shout outs to the following, although I am scared to miss someone!

Cody, Malik, Leo, Daisy, Jacey, James, Krista, Kara, Hailey, Jhon, Brittany, Kyle, Chantelle, Christian, Anandhu, Jimmy, Larry, Glen, Michael, Kyle, Sierra, Paulette, and their fearless leaders George, Jane and Guarob. You have all made our stay extra special in some way, and we will miss each of you!!
Date of stay: May 2024
    C$125
9.9 km from Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John
View more hotels in Saint John
1,058 results
All reviews water slides continental breakfast new brunswick yogurt downtown mall
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2024

A family stay for 2 nights in 2 adjoining rooms.
The rooms and common areas of the hotel were very clean and the staff were great.
The rooms were disappointing, poor lighting, only one chair per room, the king size bed in one room mattress was worn and had a significant slope down to one side, and the blinds did not completely cover the sides allowing light in from outside lights in at night.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
George Engel, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2024

Thank you for staying with us and giving feedback. We hope that the team at the hotel was able to assist you with your enquiries. We can for sure add extra lights if you need it. We do only have one chair in the room but happy to put in additional for you. We will definately check this room and ensure your concerns are addressed. Sharing these details truly help us and we are very appreciative. We hope to impress you on your next stay.

Reviewed December 24, 2023 via mobile

This hotel is terrible, which is unfortunate because it has so much potential.
-The rooms need updating. Terrible layout, dated and worn.
-The staff although friendly was not overly helpful when we made a couple of easy requests. They didn’t seem interested in even listening to us and most of the time there were two to three of them standing/sitting around talking to each other at the front desk avoiding acknowledging guests in the area.
-The absolute WORST part about this hotel is the insanely bright lights that they have lighting up the exterior of the building pointed right at the windows on the front side of the hotel without proper coverings on the inside to keep it out. There have been mutiple complaints/mentions of this in past reviews with the standard replies from hote management stating that they “strive for excellence” however they obviously don’t take the reviews seriously because the bright lights are still pointing right at the windows! Simple fix but no action taken. Unfortunately this takes away from any positives of the property as a result.
Great location and nice pool area but wouldn’t stay here again given other options in the area and hotel managements inability to take this issue seriously and get it fixed.

Room tip: Don’t stay on the front side of the building, especially closer to the ground floor where they shine extremely bright lights onto the window
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
George Engel, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2023

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to not meet your expectations. We will review your comments and learn how to improve from them. We are inspired by our Hilton standards and will drive and innovate to provide the best possible experience for our guests. We hope that we have an opportunity to turn it around for you in the future.

We hope you have a safe journey home. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 9, 2023

Initial impression when entering the hotel was good - clean - well maintained - seemed very inviting. I was impressed with the snack bar downstairs, although I never used it but it was nice to see full size bags of chips as an option.

Check-in was quick - no issues. Initial impression of the room was good, it was a different layout than you expect, I liked that. Everything smelled clean and the bed was "extremely" comfortable. Towels smelled very good.

Few areas to improve - the shower did leak but the floor mat caught the water. Upgraded TV's with netflix option is always nice. Empty shelves in bathroom - maybe stock them with something, towels, hairdryer, etc. Glass vs plastic cups are always nice. Complimentary water bottles is always a nice touch.

Regardless, would make this hotel a return to spot - the whole area surrounding this hotel gave me the feel of Dartmouth crossing in NS.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank tscandrew
George Engel, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2023

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will certainly take it to heart. You recommendations are appreciated and plans are in the making. We hope you enjoying this hoilday season.

Reviewed October 29, 2023

Went last November on our annual trip to Saint John. Never stayed here before but always wanted to. Finally did and the best thing about the stay was the location and the breakfast. The king room I stayed in left a lot to be desired. The room was tired. Only 2 lamps in the whole room, so it was dark. One was on the night stand and the other was far across the room in the corner. I had to move it to the second night stand otherwise I couldn't read in bed. There were no towel bars in the bathroom which was very strange. We had to hang our towels all around the bathroom and room. The shower door leaked so you had a huge puddle to clean up afterwards. All toiletries are in dispensers on the wall of the bathroom and in the shower, let me just say, "gross"! I let all this go and didn't say anything at the time. I tried to book there this year and their phone system takes you to getaroom.com, only they don't tell you its a third party booking it. You are lead to believe that it's their own reservation line. When I asked to be connected to the hotel they refused to connect me.(Tip: don't follow the prompts, press 0 if you want to speak to the hotel.) I wanted 3 nights, they made me pay for one and sent me a confirmation for 1 night and told me the first was confirmed with option to extend when I arrive. I asked if that meant they were holding the other days for me she said yes. I called the hotel to confirm last night and ended up in a 2 hour saga(all long distance) to find out I was booked for 1 night only and there was no room for the rest of my stay. The lady at the call center was not very helpful, I asked to speak to a manager, transferred me to someone else that did nothing, finally transferred me to the hotel(which prior said they couldn't do), only to get a poor guy that wanted to give me a room for twice the price. When I asked for a better rate, he said he couldn't override the prices in the system!!?, he wanted me to call his manager on his cell phone because he was off, I told him to call the manager, he did and the manager told him to connect me to in-house reservations(another 3rd party) to authorize a price match. Ended up back with the call center who transferred me to Corporate who said they could do nothing and called me crazy basically. Did not believe the local number to the hotel connects you to a 3rd party, said there was nothing she could do because it was a reservation through someone else and that she didn't control the prices. At this point I am very frustrated, anxious and near tears. No one wants to help me or take control or responsibility for the situation. I called the hotel back(press0!) and got the same guy as before. He still could not or would not help me. I cancelled the reservation and my refund is pending minus the $15.99 service fee the 3rd party charges(when I asked about that I was told it is because they are 5 star). I told the guy at the hotel about this and I said you are not a 5 star, and he said no they are not , with hesitation. When I said you are not even a 4 star with the current state of the building and rooms, he agreed. That was the first and last time I stay at a Hilton property. I will never deal with these people again. The worst customer service I have ever encountered. I work on the front desk of a hotel and would never treat anyone like that or be so useless to my guests. I have dealt with the online companies on behalf of my guests to help ease their issues. Beware the third party trap (that doesn't exist according to them) and don't expect help or sympathy when they screw it up. You will be left on an island to sink or swim. Luckily I found another hotel who have been super great to deal with so far. Looking forward to my stay at Days Inn.

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tanya

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. Booking a hotel should be an easy process and not what you experienced. We will endeavour to keep improving on the points you have mentioned. On most occassions everything runs smoothly but when challenges arise we take responsibility assist in finding a way forward. We are committed to our guests and will do what it takes to improve on experiences.

Reviewed October 20, 2023 via mobile

As a Diamond member of Hilton, I was amazed by the excellent upgrade and greeting I received on checkin. The staff members are very helpful and friendly. I was given a double size suite. This is an excellent four star hotel offering five star service.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
32  Thank KodoDrummer
George Engel, Guest Services / Front Office at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2023

Thank you so much for the feedback. Our team will be delighted to read your comments. We are truly excited when our guests ensure their stay and we make it memorable. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.