All reviewswine cellardining roomcarriage roomthe pubold buildingwalking trailstudor stylehistoric propertynew sectionwe ate breakfastold ladylots of characterjunior suitelobby areacomfortable bedsfell in lovean update
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Great old world style hotel that has been updated with modern conveniences. The rooms are clean as are the sheets and towels. The people are typically Newfoundlander, pleasant, helpful and funny. The cellar restaurant is high end but worth it. The bar is not very good, even though it is nice done up in atmosphere, the drinks are small and the food is not very good, and that is being polite. Great place to stay but drink and eat elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Craig D
Connie R, General Manager at Glynmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. It is disappointing to hear that your expectations of the lounge was not well received. Please do not hesitate to contact me to share more information. We hope to have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was our first stop on a 10 day Bus Tour of NFLD. The property is old, a designated historical site;but the ambiance and quality of the rooms and staff was top notch. The dinning room was a joy and the menu was excellent. The location has a walking trail along a pond- waterway and was well suited to an after dinner walk.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the 5/5 rating! We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying at our Tudor Style Registered Heritage Inn. We wish you all the best while experiencing this wonderful province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Given the opportunity we would love to have you visit us again.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I love the location of this hotel. You walk out the front door and you are mere meters away from a network of easy and/or challenging walking trails. The rooms are three-star basic but we did enjoy having two bathrooms in our suite. (room 107). Beds are comfortable, towels are plentiful, a small fridge. You can definitely hear people walking around above you.

Room Tip: Try for a top floor. Hard to get a room here in the summer as they take lots of bus tours.Elevator is tiny and slow.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cory A, Marketing Manager at Glynmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable time. So glad to hear that you were able to get out and enjoy the surrounding area. It is a great asset for us to have such a great trail network and the beautiful Glynmill Inn pond right outside our doors. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Corner Brook and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We loved the location, being in the city but nestled away in the trees with water below. The rooms were large and well appointed, and we thought the price was a decent value for the area. We only had breakfasts there and one lunch, all good. Definitely would stay here when visiting Corner Brook again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Cory A, Marketing Manager at Glynmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with is at the Glynmill. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Corner Brook and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

I arrived here without a reservation to a sold out hotel!!! didn't know how long I would need to be in Corner Brook, but it was urgent that I had a place to stay. I did not want to stay anywhere else, because being close to the hospital was my priority. There were no rooms available, but when I told the check in lady why I was there, they FOUND a room for me for that night, for which I was elated. I knew I would have to check out in the morning because there were bus tours coming, however, Wendy came to find me in the dining room at breakfast and said I could stay again that night if needed. God bless her, she and her staff managed to find me a room there for almost a week. I am forever grateful for the kindness, hospitality and caring fashion in which I was treated. A very upsetting, stressful family situation was made manageable, knowing I had a lovely, clean, quiet room to go to late every night. The food was wonderful, and the wait staff were so accommodating. Yes, this place is oldish and could use a facelift that is for sure, but I have paid a whole lot more for hotels in Europe that were older than this, and even more dated, and had very small rooms!! Thank you Glynmill Inn Staff for everything-Mr.Steele Sr. would be so proud of you!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your story. It was our pleasure to help you during your stay wherever we could. I am glad everything worked out well and that your experience at The Glynmill was a positive one. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Corner Brook.