See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I have never bagged a hotel in my life so this is a first. I booked this hotel on line. I had to wait for the check-in clerk who was not on the premises. When shown to the room there was a woman lying on the bed and a man in the shower. I apologised and the clerk said he would find me another room. I said he would need to do something about this embarrassment to the couple involved and me and he said he would get the manager to sort it out. The room was basic and was not up to the normal standard clean you expect even in cheap hotels. I did not hear from the manager. Next morning at check-out I said something about what had happened to the new clerk and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Room tip: Go to another hotel.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Do not recommend this hotel WHATSOEVER save your money pitch a tent you will be better off!!No AC one fan that doesn’t work no screen in the window and it’s hot enough to melt ya!Its 1am on a Tuesday night and the bar is just pumping music I knew as soon as I walked in the door of the hotel what it was going to be like! Unfortunately this was my only option First and last..

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie L
hotelcornerbrook52, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Hello Melanie,

I am really sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Indeed when you came in the only rooms we had available were on our forth floor. We are under new ownership and have yet to complete renovations to install air conditioning.

If I remember correctly I personally came up and replaced the screen in your window and you were happy with this fix. If I had known you had any issues with the fan or from the bar next door (please note this was not our bar) I would have certainly done everything in my power to fix these issues as well.

Again, I do apologize that I was not able to make your stay more comfortable, and Invite you to stay with us once renovations have been completed.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

This was an experience that we wouldn’t recommend until it has its renovations completed! The personnel at the front desk was quite pleasant and helped by supplying a 2nd fan (when he discovered our room door was left open to be a ‘little cooler’). That helped BUT there were very few plugs available... Had to unplug the TV so the fan could be plugged in! The only other plug had a small light & clock. Had to give up one to charge our iPad... The breakfast room HAD been renovated and was a sign that there might be hope for the future... not anytime soon though. Too expensive for what we got!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hotelcornerbrook52, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Due to the high volume of guests coming through this time of year, you may have not been put in one of our most recently renovated rooms. We will definitely keep your comments in mind during our renovation process, and we are working to install Air Conditioning in our renovation plan.

We thank you so much for your patience during this transition time, and would love to hear from you to discuss any issues you had as well as hope to see you again once more renovations have been completed.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

We stayed here three nights skiing and enjoyed our stay. Clean and comfortable beds
Simple and functioning room. Lots of hot water, great wifi and a TV with all of the cable. Staff were lovely. Could have paid $50 more a night and chose to spend that on suppers out.
Not the Ritz, but quite fine.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToddSt_John_sNL
hotelcornerbrook52, Front Desk Agent at Hotel Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are proud to offer clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price. We are also undergoing many renovations to improve our rooms for the future! :)

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms, Rm # 203. The caulking around the tub was coming off and there was black underneath, otherwise the room was clean and appeared newly painted. We were shown another room due to the tub issue but it was worse. there was new carpeting throughout the large room. There wasn't a microwave, fridge or hairdryer. The walls were thin so lots of early AM traffic noise. There was a restaurant on site which we did not use.

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room, #203 is one of them
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
hotelcornerbrook52, Desk Agent at Hotel Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Hello! Thank you for your review. We will certainly be fixing the caulking around the tub and thank you for letting us know about the issue.

We are doing many renovations this year and we plan to have a fridge in every room by the time renovations are completed. Hair dryers are available at the front desk as well as a microwave. If there is anything else missing feel free to ask the Front Desk Agent and they will be more than happy to help you make your stay more enjoyable!