“Wonderful little cafe for a quick stop”
Review of The Battery Cafe

The Battery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 18 Coffee & Tea in St. John's
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Description: The Battery Cafe serves fine Detour Coffee, Tea, Baked goods, Sandwiches and Salads in a warm welcoming environment, with a walk up window for hikers and dog walkers. We are situated at the entrance to the Battery neighborhood in East St. John's, at the foot of signal hill, with a beautiful view over St. John's Harbour, and we have live music on Saturday evenings 7-9:00 pm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came here twice during my recent short trip to St. John's to pick up coffee and a quick breakfast. It's a quirkly little place conveniently located right behind the Sheraton hotel I was staying at, and the coffee here is far superior to hotel coffee! It's also right on the way to the path to Signal Hill, so you could grab some snacks before heading out on a walk. They had a wide array of freshly made grab and go options. The yogurt granola parfait was so good I had it both times I went. Lovely little shop, wish I could have stayed and enjoyed my coffee there but I had to run back to my conference.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Stayed down the street from this place, or should I say up the street since it's the signal hill area. Yummy coffee! Had the new menu item; the smoked salmon bagel. The bagel, smoked salmon, cream cheese and veg were quite delicious. The staff is just as wonderful. Cool place with live music some days.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Stopped off for a quick breakfast at this distinctly cool place - luckily they still let me in despite my advanced age and grey, (but still hipster I like to think) beard)!
Great coffee and a nice salmon bagel quickly served + free internet available - what more do you need on a Sunday morning?

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We ordered from a friendly young man. The coffee was really nice. The desserts were fairly fresh for a Wednesday afternoon. The lemonade was delicious. The picnic tables outside were great. We sat and people watched and RechargeD at the Battery!
Well done. You guys are smart business people.
You even have a water bowl and dog treats for your canines.

RSalsman, Owner at The Battery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

So glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Stopped in for breakfast. Had the bagel with salmon and cream cheese. Very generous amount of salmon. Scones are yummy. Would recommend.