All reviews rocket bakery blackout blinds underground parking rooms are small great hotel hotel is modern harbour view great harbour signal hill checking in every morning comfortable bed yogurt two nights puffins amenities shower
Reviewed June 17, 2018

The harbour front view room is spectacular and worth every penny. I loved the location of this hotel very much. It was close to shopping, eating, the harbour, the views were amazing. There was a perfect little preakfast (free) in the am and snacks (healthy ones too) available after hours. The front desk was so polite and helpful. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and very modern. Well equipped. Parking is inexpensive and easy in and out. I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: Harbourfront room although anyone would be fine
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Northerners2005
Reviewed June 10, 2018

We booked a couple of nights in St. John's at the end of our Newfoundland road trip and decided to splurge at the Alt in a room with a view. We had an interesting time watching the ships move around the harbor from the room. The room itself was very nice -- very high tech and edgy. The staff were super helpful and friendly. The included breakfast included cereals, croissants, yogurt, whole fruit, and juice. The location is close to good restaurants -- within walking distance. Parking is $12/day in the underground garage. We really enjoyed the Alt and I would love to go back next time I get to St. John's.

Room Tip: Splurge and get a room with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Came for work and stayed a few extra days at the Alt. Great hotel! Rooms were clean and modern, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Location is so convenient; I’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 3 times I have been to St. John's for business for the week. I initially choose this location as it was closer to what I needed to budget for travel but was also downtown for convenience. While the rooms themselves are "smaller" I find they are much more functional that most hotels I have stayed in here. I travel alone and don't have kids so I don't need a lot of space. I want functionality as I don't spend a lot of time there but when I do I have expectations. based on the rooms I have been in, I wouldn't stay here if I had kids or anymore than two people.

The beds here are amazing. King sized beds that are always clean and very comfortable. Its a very contemporary room and everything is very "Star Treky" as all controls (lights/blinds/temp) are controlled on electronic touch panels. The bathrooms are great and I loved having the option of regular shower as well as a ceiling "rain" faucet. You can even go so far as to set the lighting to a certain colour depending on your mood or setting.

While there are no restaurants in the hotel, you are a short walking distance to all kinds of great places to eat when staying here. Parking is very convenient, and getting in and out of their parking area is very easy - one you know where to go. The issue I had when I first stayed there was that there is no parking in the front of the hotel and I had no idea where to park in order to check in. Now knowing that you go to the back and drive into the parkade, then go to "L" to check in makes it a lot easier.

Overall, I like everything about the hotel with the exception of there not being a rewards program. The staff here are amazing and I really like the convenience of being downtown without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a room I won't spend too much time in or that is outdated. This is a brand new hotel and I'll continue to stay here when travelling to St. John's.

Room Tip: As for a water view, if they are available. There is 5 floors in the hotel so the higher you get the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Quite possibly the best hotel experience I've ever had. From the kindness and attentiveness of the staff to the unique details of the decor....I loved every inch of this hotel! I will absolutely stay here again and am looking forward to my next Alt experience, wherever it may be! Thank you!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business