All reviews free shuttle shuttle service front desk staff room was clean continental breakfast rental car an early flight yogurt washer and dryer hard boiled eggs onsite restaurant short stay convenient location would stay again lots of parking checking in coffee maker
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night after late arrival in St. John's Nfld. Basic, clean efficient, friendly service- what we expected. Exception was the "complementary breakfast" which consisted of white bread, small containers of yogurt, some sad looking fruit and cold boiled eggs. Crowded, chaotic, small breakfast room. Very unpleasant.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David N, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the continental breakfast. There are also muffins, homemade banana bread, cereal, and whole wheat bread available as well, to name a few more items, for our continental breakfast too which operates from 4:00 AM-9:00 AM. The busy times seem to be from 8:00 AM-9:00 AM which then causes the room to be congested. We often allow our guests to sit in Clancy's, our full service restaurant, across the hall when space permits to alleviate some of the traffic.
Other than the breakfast experience, you seem satisfied with your stay so that is good.
I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

This is my 2nd visit at this Hotel. It's quite big, very busy. It has one restaurant inside called Clancy Restaurant. Rooms are fairly big. The bed is very comfortable, complimentary breakfast, and free shuttle to the airport. Just give front desk a call 10mins prior to you leaving. No gym facilities in this hotel location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your review and thank you for returning. We are a large hotel, 144 rooms, and are an airport hotel so we usually are busy. I do not mean to correct you but we do have gym facilities located just as you leave the elevator on the 2nd floor. These were recently renovated as well (maybe 2 months ago). It is not a large gym, but it does have all the basic necessities for working out while travelling.
I hope you will be back in the near future for your 3rd stay.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

An airport hotel caters to travellers. Right? This one does. Breakfast available from 4 a.m to 9 a.m. Our room was spotless and although the bathroom was split into two rooms, there was very little space in both. Nice receptionist. Friendly people. Of course! It's Newfoundland!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
David N, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for your review. There are so many early morning flights that we offer such an early breakfast. Our housekeeping do a great job. Than you for noticing. The bathroom layout for some of the rooms is a hit or miss. There are both advantages and disadvantages of having some rooms with the toilet in one area and the sink and mirror in another area.
I hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

The Comfort Inn is a great place to stay that is convenient to the airport (5 minutes). The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The only downside is, if you want to go into St. John's downtown area, you have to go by taxi ($20.00 each way). Too far to walk. The breakfast is plenty sufficient.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your review. See you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Front desk staff were nice from the reservation call to the check-in. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and well-furnished but a bit outdated. Had a nice free breakfast with a hostess named Judy. She was great. The breakfast room gets crowded sometimes but there is seating in the restaurant next door so no real problem. Very close to the Airport. My room had an outside door but was in an alley across from the kitchen so I didn’t get a parking space by my room. I will give this hotel an excellent because every member of the staff was so nice and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 449,723
David N, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Your comments about our staff are very kind and I will share them with everyone. They are the backbone of our hotel and it is nice to see their hard work appreciated. I will personally thank Judy on your behalf. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you stay again in the near future.