Despite it's convenient location (for those with a car) and friendly staff, this place is worn and dirty. Furnishings have chips, dents, and stains. Bed sheets and towels have been surpassed their useful life. Housekeeping is abysmal -- besides forgetting things like a bathmat for several days, I was particularly disturbed that my room was not vacuumed for 2 consecutive days. Public areas in the hotel are even worse. All outdoor spaces are littered with cigarette butts. Providing ashtrays or regular cleaning would easily alleviate this problem. Guests who arrive through the front door are greeted with a garbage can at the lobby entrance that is overflowing every night. Simply emptying it more often would remedy this offensive welcome. Similarly, trash and recycling bins in the hotel Business Centre were not emptied for at least a week. Trash from hotel rooms cleaned by Housekeeping sits in all day in a visible area on each floor. This hotel doesn't seem to care about basic cleanliness and makes me wonder what other shortcuts they take. To add insult to injury, WIFI, which in 2017 is as important as a flush toilet, worked only about 20% of the time. If you're a family with screaming kids who like to run up and down the halls, you'll love this place. If you want peace and quiet, you may be out of luck. This hotel could get its act together with a few thoughtful changes that would cost little to no money to implement. Until that happens, I'll look elsewhere for accommodations in St. John's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Pool & Water Slides Hours: Water Slides: Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday/Sunday 9am-9pm Pool: Daily 9am-9pm The Hotel is located just minutes from St. John’s International Airport (YYT) and local Government Offices including the Confederation Building. If you plan on heading into the heart of St. John’s, we are just a short drive to Downtown St. John’s. On site amenities including two 165 Ft waterslides, indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, on-site guest laundry facilities, complimentary parking and high-speed internet access. Thinking of dining options? Stop into East Side Mario’s, our on-site restaurant. As always with the Holiday Inn brand, Kids Under 12 Eat Free (ask hotel for details). Travelling with your trusty companion? Our hotel is pet-friendly so you can bring the entire family along. The Holiday Inn St. John’s is situated near Janeway’s Children’s Hospital and the Health Sciences Centre. If you are in the area to visit the Marine Institute, we are conveniently located 5 minutes away. Other local places of interest include, Memorial University, Pippy Park and Fluvarium. Whether you are travelling on business or leisure, the Holiday Inn St. John’s Conference Centre is the perfect place to stay while you visit the St. John’s area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Johns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Hotel St. John`s
- Holiday Inn St. John's
- St. John's Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada