All reviews signal hill great location harbour view downtown st water street within walking distance restaurant downstairs downtown hotel would stay here again front desk staff bit dated comfortable hotel duckworth street stayed here for two nights first floor comfy bed quidi vidi
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of my Newfoundland trip because it's in walking distance of downtown and I didn't need to rent a car until later. I prebooked it through Priceline and got a great rate (but a lousy view of the parking lot). I asked for a better view but the hotel was booked; however, the manager told me he could upgrade my view for the remaining two nights. I got a nice combo downtown/harbor view. The room itself was large and nicely decorated, had a very comfortable Queen bed and all the usual amenities, wasn't noisy, and everything worked. The hotel personnel were always friendly and accommodating. The hotel is at the other end of Water Street, so it's about a 15-minute fast walk to the center of downtown, but there were lots of interesting shops, restaurants, and cafes on the way at that end of Water Street and Duckworth Street. The in-house restaurant was also good, especially for breakfast. It was convenient to have a computer in the lobby, seeing that I had no Smart phone with me and no Internet access and could email my family to let them know that I was alive and well. Oh, and let me mention the view again -- if you have a full waterfront view room, you can see the whole harbor and entrance to the ocean, along with the Battery and Signal Hill. Otherwise, you just have to walk out of the hotel, and there it is -- magnificent view! (If there had been icebergs, I could have seen those, too). AND, the purportedly best restaurant in Canada (Raymond's) is just 5 minutes away on Water Street, but that's another review.

Room Tip: Anything facing the harbor and/or the downtown area, the higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2018

I had booked this hotel before for a business trip and was happy with location while rooms were perhaps dated,, but was not prepared when on a second visit to arrive and be told the hot water was not working but would be fixed by next day ,, not happy but I let it go as I was told a part was ordered and on route ,, the next day when I returned from my meetings and inquired about water I was told it was another day at least as a part wa being brought from a distance. Most customers would expect that no hot water might be worthy of more than a parking credit and I had to call my company travel service to rebook me at another hotel ,,worst customer experience and staff kind of shrugged it off

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Niagaralocal
Managercn246, General Manager at Quality Hotel Harbourview, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

We are very sorry to read about your experience at our hotel. First and foremost, there is never an excuse. An experience like this is not indicative of our hotel, its service and quality that we strive for.

Please email me at karam@qualityhotelharbourview.com with more details of your experience .

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we look forward to proving our best.

Karam Melhem
Quality Hotel Harbourview

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice clean rooms..was quiet. At the end of water Street. So be prepared for some walking to tour water Street or George street. Would recommend when booking to ask for a harbour view room. If not you get the parking lot. Price was decent.$$$ Restaurant is attached to hotel and has good food. If driving be prepared to pay for parking.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandy m
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Arrived in St John's after touring around NL and booked Quality Hotel for two nights. Depending on location of the room it could be noisy from traffic going up Hill of Chips but we managed OK. The room was equipped with all the usual amenities and had two queen size beds. Took advantage of guest laundry before checking out. Nothing exceptional one way or the other - just a trouble free stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Have_Bag
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great spot for exploring St. John's and is in pretty good shape. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. Check in was easy. One downer is that parking is an extra 12 dollars a night. Beds are cozy. No reason not to stay here for sure.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Managercn246, General Manager at Quality Hotel Harbourview, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

The Quality Hotel Harbourview thanks you for leaving such a glowing recommendation of our property. We are delighted that our associates were able to go above and beyond for you. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Karam Melhem