Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
2-Hour Guided Boat Tour from St. John's

Book in advance
from
US$84.14
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours
from US$84.14
More Info
All reviews boat tour captain barry humpback whales great tour whale watching sea birds sea sickness highly recommend this tour bay bulls live music downtown st crew iceberg rogers ocean spear cape
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Just back from an amazing afternoon on Iceberg Quest and absolutely loved it. We went on the 4 pm tour and got back around 6:20. The crew were very kind and knowledgeable. During the trip, the captain shared info about our surroundings and facts about the animals we saw. During our tour, we saw lots of puffins, a bald eagle, and whales! The captain was amazing and knew where to find them and made sure everyone saw it. My favourite part was when he turned off the motor and all was quiet as we watched the whale float along with us. Even if we did not see a whale, it is still worth it to coast between the narrows and into the ocean breathing the salty air and experience the amazing hospitality. The boat is very clean, has a bathroom, two levels, and licensed bar. At the bar, they sell, chocolate bars (caramel logs!), chips, liquor, mix (pop or juice), and beer (my only complaint is that there was no wine/champagne!). Drinks are around $6 and you can either pay with cash or start a tab with your visa and square away when you get back to the dock. The lower level, where the bar and bathroom is located, has an enclosed area complete with blankets if you want a break from the ocean air. We got sprayed from the waves and escaped briefly into the enclosed area where the bartender promptly came over with paper towels for us. If you are wondering what to bring on this tour, I would recommend the following in a backpack: binoculars, sunglasses, hoodie (even though it was 29 outside), water bottle, hat/head scarf, snacks (if you'd like something besides chocolate and chips) camera/phone, & cash to tip the crew. We were all very impressed with this tour company and would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank Meadowlark81
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Our family of 4 (2 children, 1 senior, 1 adult) took off on a tour in St.John's last week. Staff were very experienced and provided great information on the harbour history. We would certainly recommend.

1  Thank TheTrasks1238
Reviewed July 25, 2018

Four of us went on a tour with IceBerg Quest. The Captain was very open and honest at the beginning saying that there were no icebergs around at that time, but we would still have a wonderful tour. I guess they cannot anchor them in place :) I must admit I got a kick out of some of the reviews complaining they didn't see Icebergs or Whales. It is not a zoo. He was very knowledgeable right from the start, educating us on the history of St. John's. He was also very witty and had a great sense of humor. I stood at the front of the boat and he was always watching to ensure he/we didn't miss anything. The staff were great and came around to ensure everyone was alright. I would do this tour again for sure. Thanks Captain Barry and team.

Date of experience: June 2018
3  Thank markschaay
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Payed $155 for a tour (1 adult, 1 senior) for a 2 hr tour with Iceberg Quest from the harbour in St John's to Cape Speare . No icebergs (poor year) and forget the idea that you would see puffins up close.....they may fly by, but you are not near a colony that you could see up close.

The positives? 1) Great views of St John's and Signal Hill from the ocean side! 2) we saw, and were able to stay close (but not TOO close) to a pair of Fin whales....magical! 3) An injury (caused by a fall on deck in rough water ) cut the tour time in half. We returned to the dock after 1hr and 5 minutes.....and were offered a free ride on the 4 pm tour, or a "refund" (amount unspecified). We chose the refund ....and were pleasantly surprised to find out that we got a FULL refund. Nice! Thanks, Iceberg Quest!

2  Thank D869MAdavidb
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We booked this trip because we saw their brochure which advertised such things as puffin birds, humpback whales, and icebergs. I understand that certain seasons are better than others for ocean tours. However, I was disappointed that we only saw one puffin bird, no humpback whales, and definitely no icebergs. Another local told us (after we had already taken this tour) that you can see icebergs on their sister ship in Twillingate, which is a four hour drive (but we had no car). Needless to say, we were disappointed by this and felt that this is a false advertising (but maybe we didn't read the brochure closely enough).

On the plus side:
The crew/staff was very nice. There are wonderful views of the coastal line. You go near Cape Spear (and can see the lighthouse from the water). You can do a screeching in ceremony (become an honorary Newfie). As well, I am not a beer drinker, but they do have beer to purchase on board. My husband purchased the Iceberg beer-I tried a sip and I liked this one (maybe just because we were on the ocean or maybe it is just a really good beer).