All reviews medical appointment small kitchenette minute walk bar fridge air conditioning room was spacious microwave downtown st sink treadmill housekeeping units johns muffins harbour
Reviewed July 15, 2016

The hotel location is very convenient and the building and rooms are nice. I would not stay there again because the skimping on quality is extreme & blatant. This chain is all about profits and nothing about earning loyalty via customer experience . Business travelers look for a clean comfortable bed, decent coffee/tea, and quality linens. The towels, toiletries, linens, mattress & pillows were the cheapest I have ever seen in my 30 years of travelling in Canada. The towels actually felt like exfoliating pads they were so cheap & rough! The breakfast was weak too - especially the coffee. Coffee Mate? No cream/milk in the container.

At check in I was greeted with a "yes?" Nothing more and not another word was said. This is 100% true. If the senior management of this company stayed in this Hotel I would bet some serious changes would be made.

There are much better places in St. john's for the same money.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Thank you for your stay with us and for providing your feedback. We apologize our hotel and amenities were not to your expectations. Our hotel is designed for guests staying a week or more at a time, who prefer a home-like living experience. So we certainly understand why you may have found our amenities a bit different than traditional hotels. Regardless of the length of stay, our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable and well maintained hotel with a friendly staff at a good value. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2016

Hotel was nice and clean , front desk very pleasant and helpful.
Hotel centrally located , all the attractions a short drive or walk.
Breakfast is toast, cereal and coffee/Tea and muffins and other pastries the first day we were we there( Friday ) , area was clean and stock replenished quickly , the second day ( Sat ) there were only 3 muffins , the garbage's were full from the day before only one coffee machine had coffee Sunday much the same but dirtier , Monday was the same as Friday clean and well stocked. For whatever reason we had a issues getting towels on Friday we received towels no issues and took away our old towels OK , the rest of the 4 day stay we had to call every day for new towels which we received promptly but they never took our old used towels, we were told someone else would come and get em , which no one did we ended up with a 3 day pile of towels i ended up throwing in the hall as the stung up our room.
Over all we had a pleasant stay minus the few issues ( which is normal ) thus the 4 star rating

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2016

It was our pleasure having you as our guest at Extended Stay Canada St. John's – Downtown, and thank you for the candid feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and our facilities were to your satisfaction. We are delighted that you loved your clean accommodation, our location close to area restaurants as well as the breakfast we served. Having said that, we are sorry for the service issues you experienced to your room and I have shared you concern with my housekeeping department, so that these kinds of problems are not repeated. Thanks for being our guest, and we hope to welcome you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

I stayed one night at the Extended Stay in St. John's and was very happy with the experience. Of particular note was the front desk clerk, Tiffany. She was welcoming and friendly, giving me a great room for people with pets, and even let me know the best day to buy gas in the city :) My room was lovely, with a queen bed, small kitchenette, table and chairs and even a leather recliner. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, and would highly recommend the hotel for longer stays. Thanks again Tiffany!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2016

Thank you for your review filled with so many kind comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown. We appreciate you mentioning our staff, especially Tiffany. She is a true asset to our team, and we will be sure to congratulate her for a job well done. It is also nice to read that you liked your well-equipped accommodation. We value your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

We toured all over Newfoundland and finished in St. John's at Extended Stay. What a great finish! This hotel is very close to the downtown so we were able to walk without looking for parking. The staff were great. We had a big clean room with a kitchen complete with all the necessities if we wanted to cook. Breakfast was sufficient to fill us until lunch with cereal, bagels, toast, pastries juice and coffee. If I were to return, I would stay here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. We appreciate your nice comments about our convenient location, and we are thrilled to read that you were thoroughly impressed with our staff, your well-appointed room and the breakfast we served. Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience for each guest, so your reviews like your make it all worthwhile. All of us here at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's – Downtown appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I stayed there from the 30 may till 3 June while on business. Firstly I was very pleased with the place admittedly id have probably chosen a hotel in the center of down town but arrived on a very busy day in st johns . i arrived a bit unsure of what of what to expect but its a clean comfortable place with some really nice staff who will do any thing to make your stay as enjoyable as possible . Although my company were paying the bill I will say there prices are very reasonable i had room with a small kitchen area comfy bed and clean bathroom all you really require . Thank you for a pleasant stay and I will happily return any time

Room Tip: upper floors seam better
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown during your recent business trip and for posting a review. It is great to know you had an enjoyable stay and found our services to be a good value for the price. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our friendly associates who were helpful whenever possible, fresh and comfortable hotel property, and also your well-equipped accommodation. Your feedback is appreciated, and we look forward to your next visit.