All reviewscommon roomthird floorgreat hostsparking passnewfoundland hospitalitythree nightshome away from homecomfortable bedexploring stbreakfast each morninglovely roomgeorge stwalking distancebalconyharbourdowntownregatta
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The view of the harbour was fantastic. The house was withing walking distance to downtown and most attractions. The hosts were very informative about things to see and do. Would highly recommend Cantwell House B & B.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ngaudet
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Our host Mary was gracious and helpful. The accommodations were tidy, comfortable and spacious. The room we stayed in was great with a good mattress on the foldaway couch. The two breakfast's were generous in their portions and featured a wide variety of local foods as well as normal breakfast staples. A highlight were the fresh baked goods and fruits. Location is good as you are walking distance to the downtown and not too far from any of the tourist attractions of St. John's. We truly felt at home during our stayeat Cantwell House

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank cantravel14
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Cantwell House has all the old world charm of a pre 1900 house to go along with the great hosts, Mary and Louis. We walked to all the downtown shopping, great dining and Museums. Our super clean room was equipped with a VERY comfortable bed, great bathroom and no noise. Breakfast was always delicious and each morning we were able to gather lots of info after talking to the other guests and wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I stayed at Cantwell House three times for one week at a time as I attended classes at MUN. This was my first B & B experience and I have to say that I am sold on it now.
I woke up to the most fantastic breakfasts and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the most charming hosts - Mary and Louis. These folks really know how to treat their guests and provided lots of little extras for the group of us staying with them to give us a real Newfoundland experience.
The view from the deck is fantastic for sitting with a glass of wine.
I hope to return some day with my family. Loved the view. Loved the food. Loved the company. Great stay at Cantwell House! I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We spent four nights in Cantwell House. Our hosts were exceptionally helpful and welcoming. Charming house in a great location. Lovely, clean comfortable rooms. Scrumptious hot breakfast each morning and a fantastic view of St John's harbour.

Wexford, Ireland