All reviews ground floor lots of parking great steakhouse free laundry non smoking stayed here front desk perfect location good size karen balconies conveniences tv noise johns rates facilities
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

The staff was very professional and friendly. Check in was a breeze and quick. The rooms are very clean and newly renovated very quiet arena of Kenmount. Breakfast is included however it is over at 9:00 which is ok but they let everything run low or out and when you ask the for more it is like they don’t want to give it to you. They shut everything down even if you are still there eating. The weekend breakfast should be over at 10. The breakfast was ok the bacon is ready crisp the 5 second stuff it dries out quick, they alternate between bacon and pre cooked sausage. They have waffles there that you make yourself but there is only syrup to put on them no whip cream or fruit toppings.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

First things first. Despite many requests to Google to update the location and name of this hotel on their search amd maps, you will need to search under "Crossroads Motel" on your GPS or phone. Since they rebuilt a brand new building, they also aptly renamed it "Crossroads Inn & Suites". Too bad Google does respond quickly.

I had a ground floor kingsize bed room and it was perfect. Very clear with all modern amenities and conveniences.

Note that if having a remote with a sleep timer function for the tv is important, ask for the tv remote at the front desk. The standard in room remotes are provided by the cable company and do not have a sleep mode. Which all hotel rooms should have.

Breakfast was buffet style with truly any item you may wish for. Also very clean and fresh.

Will I stay here again? You bet I will. Desk Manager Karen and all the staff are super friendly and very thougtfull.

Also good to know, great steakhouse restaurant just next door plus a full fuel and convenience store next to it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2017

It is a fantastic place to stay.Right off the highway,lots of parking.Very clean.Karen greeted me and remembered me from previous stays.Good value for the money.A little drive to downtown but not to far.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Very clean and quite. Staff are very friendly. Cable tv and Wi-Fi Inc. A full selection of complimentary breakfast. Beds are very comfortable and this motel is pet friendly. Charlie's steak house restaurant is on parking lot as well as 5 o'clock lounge and a service station and subway. Very reasonable on prices, close to all amenities st johns has to offer. We stay here often and haven't had one bad complaint yet. I rate this 10 stars and do recommend to everyone to come and stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2017

made two separate bookings months in advance: a One Nighter in the St.Johns area for the day we arrived by air and Two more nights at the end of our 10 day tour of " the Rock".
We booked directly with staff of the motel by phone and email. often the best way to get best rate.
The quoted $131 daily rate, with taxes became $ 150+ per night.
We stayed the first night and were happy with the room albeit, small.
New, clean, tidy but in an industrial area about a 20-30 minute drive from downtown. Went walking but nothing out there except for a bar/ grill on the motel property, then just storage lots and truck parks.
We left on a 10 day roadtrip the next am.
We returned to our 2 final nights booking about 9 days later in late July.
We had booked the last 2 nights about 3 months prior at the same rate but after checking in, I checked the Online Travel sites (3) and they were quoting rooms for our two nights at $105 - $ 108.
I went to the desk and found the night clerk and explained that the 3 sites were now quoting $105 ($120 taxes in) and that I felt we should get a reduction in our " all in" rate of $ 150 per night..that we were being charged an extra $ 30 per night=$ 60.00 in total. The clerk asked if I had booked directly with the property and I advised that I had done just that and I was surprised when his reply was: well you booked at $131 ($151) so thats what you re going to be charged. He didn't care if the online sites were quoting $30 less per night..HE HAD US and our card number. In the past,
I ve never found a business that wouldn't honor an advertised sale price when the customer was going to end up being OVERCHARGED..well I guess I have now. Maybe thats how they do it in NL but not where we're from.
Once we got home, I wrote to the hotel explaining the above but over a month later, there has been No Reply, So
If you dont mind being ripped off, call these guys..but be aware!

Room Tip: room 111, the door closer DOES NOT LOCK ..told the desk clerk 7/15, it still wasnt fixed 10 days later.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple