“Ashamed of such terrible service in my hometown!”
Review of Zachary's

Zachary's
Ranked #105 of 383 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Screaming waitress, pointing at customers and losing her mind because she was busy. Yes, this is what we experienced. I can't even comment on the food, or even the coffee, because after sitting there forever...watching all servers ignore us, when I did manage to flag one down, we never tasted a thing. She pointed in my face, told us she was busy...and not to basically speak to her and then she stormed off. Fabulous service, and great Newfoundland hospitality!!!! NOT!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Had breakfast with my family here on our last day in town. Service was friendly and as fast as can be expected at any breakfast spot. Had the bacon and eggs, and a side of toutons. As with other breakfast spots in town, meals cost over twice what one would expect to pay in Ontario. Only two pieces of bacon with the meal was unexpected. Feel like I'm being fleeced when I eat in St. John's. I understand many foods need to be brought in, but surely a bacon and egg breakfast can be from local producers? Given my breakfast experience in town to date, I would likely eat here again given proximity to the hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

Remarkably slow to the point where a lunch hour isn’t long enough to order and eat breakfast, the owner even had the nerve to charge us when after 40 minutes we had to leave prior to receiving our food!
Unless you have at least an hour and a half free avoid this place like the clap.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

Had breakfast many times, it was great. Many Newfoundland favorites.
The best alfredo sauce I ever had, it was fabulous.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband, son and I had dinner there last evening. We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for our meals and when they arrived the food was only adequate. The waiter did not acknowldge our long wait or apologize or offer us anything as compensation - not even rolls or bread. When we paid our bill our son asked the waiter what had been the problem and the waiter became angry and defensive. Another couple left before their meal was served and in hindsight, we should have too.

1  Thank dllb