“A 4 day fall weekend in St. John's”
Review of JAG

JAG
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in St. John's
Reviewed 16 December 2016

My wife and i planned a 4 day weekend get a way in St. John's Newfoundland and surrounding areas. The JAG hotel came recommended by friends and it did not disappointment. The friendly staff to the beautiful layout of not just our room but the whole hotel was beautiful. Our room was large and comfortable. But again, I must repeat the friendly helpful staff made our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: whether is a view of the harbour or a view of downtown , its up to you to decide
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Wow, thank you so much for the 5-star review. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in St. John's and staying with us. We hope that we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Idéalemt located, good value for money, with a restaurant has the ambience Neuvienne Earth. Comfortable room, smiling Accueuil. Note the existence of a parking lot, allowing a visit to see the city and the surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. So glad you enjoyed your stay and "Big" thank you for the 5-star review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Robes, Keurig coffee machine, fridge with small freezer and even an ice cube tray, plus dental floss in a wall mounted unit and very nice natural toiletries from a local company. Roomy bathroom and bed sitting room. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Well located at the top of Water Street so an easy walk to lots of bars and restaurants plus an Ultramarine gas station just across the street for snacks.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thanks so much for the 5-star review. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at JAG. Hope the rest of your stay in St. John's was enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels and have learned that you can learn everything you need to know about a hotel just from the quality of the bath towels. (It appears that the owners of JAG have that part figured out as well.)

Simply put, breathe out and wrap yourself in this blanket-sized, carpet-thick hotel experience. They sweat the small stuff so you don't have to.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ScottyB4321
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! Our towels never sounded so good! So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Nicest hotel in downtown area by far. Location is great, walking distance to any of the main downtown St Johns attractions. Jag restaurant and bar are 5 stars and the hotel staff were both helpful and very friendly. Overall I was a 100% impressed with this hotel from the time I walked in the front door until the time I left. Made my stay in St. Johns a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave us with such a positive review. Hope the rest of your stay in St. John's was enjoyable and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

upon arrival at the hotel we were great by the staff at the front door and was very friendly. they took our bags out and the they parked our car, very nice service. from the rooms-bar-lobby everything about this hotel was very clean and well maintained. Great place to say the least.

Room Tip: ask for the water front view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thanks so much for the 5-Star review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I was travelling on business and chose the Jag for my 10 night stay. I was not disappointed. From the time I arrived to time departed, I was treated like by all staff with the utmost professionalism and kindness. I will break it down.

Room-The most comfortable beds and pillows I have come across in a long time. It was pleasure to return after a days work and enjoy some rest, in fact, I looked forward to down time given how comfortable the beds were. Servicing of the room was excellent and big shout out to the cleaning staff, who always took that extra step to ensure your room was in perfect order for your return. Nice touch on the down turn service with a note and chocolate from a local supplier.

Restaurant/Bar-I really enjoy staying at a hotel that has an excellent restaurant and bar. This one exceeded all expectations. I ended up having 50% if my meals here given how amazing the food was. I highly recommend having a meal here..try the daily specials, fish and chips..but you can't go wrong with any of the choices. The bar was a pleasure to be at. Always a nice group of patrons and the bar staff, beyond excellent. I have to point out Jennifer, really made my stay that much enjoyable. I hope Jag keeps her on forever!!

Staff-I cannot say enough about the staff. From the young ladies to the manager on duty (can't recall her name) on Sunday, she was always smiling and ensuring all my needs were met. I spent a good hour on Sunday just talking to the staff at the front desk, who were so nice to be around. The front door men were always professional, courteous and provided advice on food,directions and sites to be seen.. Keep up the great work guys.

Overall, I cannot say enough about this place. I will definitely be going back and making this the hotel of my choice whenever I am visiting St. John's. Stayed October 23-November 2, 2016.

Room Tip: 2 min walk to George Street..
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve P
Cory A, Marketing Manager at JAG, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Wow, thank you so much for such an amazing review! It sounds like you had an incredible time. I'll make sure to alert the staff of your comments as I am sure they will be delighted to hear of your experience with us. Again thank you for such a thorough review. Look forward to seeing you again soon!