“Delish and Gluten Free”

EVOO in the Courtyard
Reserve with OpenTable
EVOO in the Courtyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 439 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Description: Located beside the Gypsy Tea Room with the Main entrance off of the courtyard on Water street. evoo in the courtyard offers great Mediterranean fare and authentic Neapolitan style wood fired pizza. We cater to families, vegetarians, and have quite a few gluten friendly options. Our cozy bar is a great hideaway with a good selection of spirits, crafted beer and cocktails.
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I have celiac, so am limited as to where I can eat. I wasn't glutened at all, and the server (I think her name was Ashley) double-checked everything to ensure it was safe for me. I had a tasty Caesar (lamb bacon bits!) and yummy entree. My husband's pizza looked amazing too. Great environment and friendly staff. Wait for food was a bit long, but I like not being rushed. Great time.

1  Thank Kelly T
Jonathan P, General Manager at EVOO in the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed EVOO. We try our best to accommodate every dietary restriction and I'm happy we could help you out. Hope to see you again soon! Jon

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Great food and an interesting menu. I chose the Formaggi pizza with a thin crust. It was different with ricotta, chili flakes, chicken, motzza, brie, some greens and honey drizzled on top. Totally different but really good. There menu is large and varied so I'm sure everyone in your group will find something to try.

Date of visit: May 2018
5  Thank Paul B

Thanks for your kind comments, The Tre Formaggi is a great pizza and definitely a staff favorite. Hope to see you again soon! Jon

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Went there because our son has an egg allergy and they offered a vegan menu. Despite being short staffed, they worked hard and provided friendly service. Unfortunately, the food (pasta and pizza, vegan and regular), was nothing to write home about.

Pretty bland gnocchi, and the "chorizo" pizza tasted like tacos. Margherita pizza was decent, but even the cocktails fell flat.

Overall, a nice place, it nothing to pull you back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise we failed to meet our usual high standards for food quality, it isn't what we usually do. We hope you will give us a chance to impress you in the future. Jon

Reviewed August 27, 2018

There were seven of us attending this special occasion. This establishment is located in the Murray Premise in downtown area of St. John's. It can be entered by way of Water Street or Harbour Drive. Two people ordered the Evoo burger with sweet potato fries. The rest of us ordered individual wood fire pizzas- Margherita, Mediterranean, Vegan, and Chorizo. All dishes were delicious. The service was great. The atmosphere and restaurant decor made for a relaxing meal. We will be returning.

Date of visit: July 2018
5  Thank Keon14

Thanks for your kind comments. I glad we could make your special evening perfect for you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Walked a little ways from our hotel based on the strength of the reviews and were not disappointed.

Solid classic and nouveau pasta dishes, good appetizers and drinks, relaxed and fun atmosphere. Good to great meal experience all around.

6  Thank Real_FoodieToronto

I'm really happy you enjoyed your evening at EVOO, and that everything hit to spot for you. Hope to see you again soon.