All reviews growing pains rooms are spacious wonderful hotel front desk hot water steam room and sauna legislature building large hotel coffee maker eat somewhere else town centre aurora tours airport shuttle aurora hunting next morning hotel restaurant nice room
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here three nights for work and overall I liked it. The rooms are large and the Internet is great. I really like all the parking they have as well.

I had a few difficulties getting the heating to work properly and I did find the bed sheets really staticky so it wasn't a great sleep the first night (it got better the second night).

It is a really nice hotel and the lobby and lounge are really modern. I would agree that the staff was really nice but there did not seem to be enough of them on staff. I feel that the service and hotel will only get better after they get over a few growing pains.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank MMaceachern1
Management response:Responded February 21, 2017

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad that you found our rooms comfortable and enjoyed the amenities we offer at Chateau Nova Yellowknife. We are continually making improvements based on our guest's experiences, and appreciate all feedback! We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Yellowknife.

Reviewed December 6, 2016

This is probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Let's deal with the positives. The hotel is new and so are most of the fittings and furnishings. The rooms are a fair size.

But ......

I got into my room. TV doesn't work. Call downstairs. 3 times. Nobody answers. Went downstairs. No staff around. Other people searching for staff (they go into unmanned kitchen . . .). The one person on duty comes back into reception. He needs to come to my room and eventually fixes the problem. No backup.

Woke up. Internet doesn't work. Get it fixed.

Went to work at 8:30. Came back at 5:30. Can't get into room. Back to reception. Only receptionist is taking bookings on the phone (don't they have departments for this? apparently not at this hotel). Other people waiting to check in. We all wait. receptionist doesn't know how to reauthorize my key. Another worker arrives. Gets fixed.

Get into room. Hasn't been serviced! Call reception. Its just after 5:45. Housekeeping has gone home ...

Then advised its because there were lots of people checking in ... then we don't have the staff because we are a new hotel .... then "did you leave the do-not-disturb notice on your door" (I did not but I still got a lecture about how often this happens and am I sure ....).

I haven't yet been here 24 hours but I will probably check out early and go to one of the other hotels in Yellowknife. The Nova needs staff, supervision, management and training to meet the task. Until that happens, I suggest people give this hotel a miss. There are other options in this town.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank CanTrav60
Management response:Responded February 21, 2017

Thank you for your review based upon your experience here with us at Chateau Nova Yellowknife. We value all feedback, and while not easy to hear, we understand and appreciate the opportunity to improve on our guest service. We do wish you to know that should you return to the hotel, we will ensure that you have an exceptional stay. We hope that we may have the opportunity to make this right for you.

Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

This hotel was amazing. It's brand new so everything is modern. Check in was a breeze, and our room was spacious and nice. The bed was comfortable, with soft thick pillows. The shower was nice. The food at the restaurant was amazing. A little expensive, but you get what you pay for. Overall, my husband and I had a great experience here and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ada B
Management response:Responded March 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your stellar 5/5 review! We are very happy to hear that you found Chateau Nova Yellowknife perfect for your needs and that you were pleased with the amenities of the hotel. We hope to see you again, next time!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

It is new, super comfy beds, pillows thick (great if you like it, not so if you don't!). Rooms are spacious. Staff was very welcoming.
Personally I am not thrilled with the color scheme: 50 shades of grey..... with some black.
What needs improvement: business center NOT functional yet. If you need something printed, staff will use front desk printer if you have thumb drive.
NO HOT WATER on second morning. No discount offer was made.
The restaurant is not fully up and running. Some of the fairs on dinner menu were not available. Breakfast was between OK and not so. The omelette tasted like plastic and I ordered something else.
The internet is free and worked great on my laptop. Not on the iPad. On check-in I was only given ONE code for ONE device. You will have to ask for more codes if you want more than one device to connect to internet. I was given three, Two of them did not work, so back to desk to get some more. The next set was functional.
Would I go back to this hotel? Yes, as I said, it is new and has to go through some growing pains.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Urs H
Reviewed November 5, 2016

I do A LOT of travel for work and value the following things when travelling for business:
*Comfortable work place in room with excellent internet connection: Free internet and fast connection!
*Comfy bed (as it is usually a long flight or two to get there): Had an excellent night’s sleep.
*Healthy breakfast with good coffee: I ordered an omelet and a meal arrived fit to feed a family of four – share with your travel buddy! Breakfast was good, but way too big.
*Enough space in the room to roll out my yoga mat: Very large rooms – more than sufficient size to get my morning yoga-fix, and the internet connection was fast enough to stream my favourite Yoga Youtube channel.

This hotel comes as a very welcome alternative to the other places I have stayed in Yellowknife. The restaurant is good, the service is good and it’s much better value than the other large hotel in town.

In future this will be my preferred hotel-option when travelling to Yellowknife.

Highly recommended!