“Not a bad stay in Yellowknife” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife

Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Seattle, Washington
“Not a bad stay in Yellowknife”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Yellowknife itself is a really quiet town. We went up to see the Aurora Borealis and this seemed to be the best option. While it was central, there is no free parking - you have to park at a meter. We had a car but didn't use it much and you really don't need one.

The hotel is right in the city center and the few restaurants (most of which were closed due to the holiday weekend) are near by.

The hotel is attached to a mall/shopping arcade (that was pretty sad) and the restaurant L'attitudes which was not that impressive (but it was open).

The rooms were a little small but seemed to have been renovated relatively recently. They also had free wifi which was nice!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tammela, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Paper thin doors (one could hear everything from the corridors), not too friendly staff in reception, quite expensive (well, all hotels in the area are not too cheap...). Positive to have free transportation to the airport and ice machine in the corridor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ykinnmanager, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Good afternoon,
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you had exspected with us. I am not to sure why you would have had an issue with your door as all our guest room doors are fire rated doors with an average thickness of just under two inches. Maybe it could have been someone outside your room in the hallway at the time however I can not say at this point. As for the unfriendly experiebce that you had with the Front Desk I have brough this to the attention of my Guest Services Manager to look into it further.
If you do choose to return to Yellowknife please do let me know and I would be happy to take care of you upon your next visit. It is out policy to do what we can to make our guest happy when they are away from home.

Thank You and happy travels in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Yellowknife hotels

Hanilton, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Yellowknife Inn ...rooms were nice , staff were friendly and the location was awesome as the Yellowknife Inn is right downtown . Had dinner at Mackenzie's lounge and it was very good. Overall a great place to stay in Yellowknife.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hello,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and I hope that we will have the privilege to having you stay with us again in the future.

On behalf of myself and my staff Thank You!
Cambridge Bay, NU
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

The people and the accomodations were excellent
nd I would not hesitate to come back !

Bob Aknavigak
Cambridge Bay, NU

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank heygoodlooking
ykinnmanager, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Yellowknife, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Good afternoon Bob,

Thank You for your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Carlisle, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is nice inside, but has no air conditioning (probably not an issue most of the time). Our only complaint was with the noise coming from people in a parking lot next door - seemed to go on all night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your comments and yes unfortunately we cannot control what happens in the streets of Yellowknife. I do hope that you have the opportunity to return to Yellowknife in the near future and if so we look forward to having you stay with us again.

All the best.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

My two daughters and I were made to feel welcome the minute we checked in. Our stay was short, but the level of service remained the same throughout. Very clean, and comfortable room, and Central location made it easy to explore the city.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

After a tiresome 7 hour flight, I was looking forward to having a good night's sleep. I found the hairs on my pillow, the bad internet connection, and a crushed beer can on my balcony a little offputting. Hoping to put these issues behind me, I went to sleep at 10pm only to be woken up at 11:30pm by what sounded like a steam roller riding past my window. It was actually some workers on the rooftop below my window cleaning out the restaurant. After lying awake for half an hour listening to the noise, I called the front desk to ask about the noise and when it was going to stop. In a Laissez-faire attitude, the staff member had indicated that the workers are just cleaning the restaurant and that the noise will stop soon. However, the machinery noise, coupled with the voices of the workers yelling over the machinery, continued. At 1:30am, after several frustrated attempts to use earplugs, pillows and a tv to drown out the noise, I decided to sleep on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, sleeping on a cold, hard, tile floor was not worth the $150/night stay, nor was it worth dealing with a luke warm hotel staff member. In retrospect, I should have asked for a room change (or better yet, maybe an apology for the inconvenience and room change should have been offered up by the hotel staff). I sincerely hope that this experience is anomalous and that this doesn't happen to other patrons.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business