“Restful stay”

Super 8 Yellowknife
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Yellowknife
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I travel on business to Yellowknife frequently and have stayed at all of the hotels at one time or another. There is a reason i continue to go back to the Super8 - the staff are very friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable, and they do all they can to accomodate requests. The microwave and fridge in each room allows a travellor to heatup things in the room itself as going out for dinner can get tiring after awhile.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Trevor D, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit to the Super 8 Motel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Yellowknife

Reviewed 21 February 2012

first time there the place was nice. i would go back i have nothing to complain about

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Over the past couple of years, I have spent numerous nights at Super 8, Yellowknife, and I have yet to have a bad experience. While working in the North, with a cross-country commute can have its challenges, I have absolutely NEVER been treated anything less than special at the Super 8.
As part of the Logistics Team at Sabina Gold and Silver, we arranged more than 250 bookings in 2011, with a significant number of those involving multiple nights, and I have yet to hear a negative comment regarding the staff at Super 8.

They have bent over backwards on many occasions to accomodate us, with cancellled flights in to camp - sometimes checking out and back in within the hour. For such an accommodating, and flexible group, one might expect an anything goes approach. Not this group. They are consummate professionals.

From the night staff at the counter, to the folks that prepare and clean my room, to the General Manager - they are an awesome crowd!

We could never do what we do without their support.

Wayne Keeping
Logistics Coordinator
Sabina Gold and Silver Corporation
www.sabinagoldsilver.com

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the drive through are much quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne K
Super8Yellowknife, General Manager at Super 8 Yellowknife, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Wayne, it's a pleasure every year when Sabina Gold & Silver Corp resumes their mining operations in the North and we again have the opportunity to serve those needs. We look forward to a long and successful relationship again this year and for many years to come. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 Yellowknife for 6 days for work related purposes in January of 2012. I will be honest and state my work usually booked me into a different hotel during my stays in Yellowknife. Unfortunately my regular hotel was booked and could not accommodate me. However, after staying at the Super 8 for 6 nights I can gladly say I would return, and likely will return in the near future. The staff at the front desk were amazing. They were very nice people and were always willing to help out with any concerns or questions I had. In addition the rooms were the cleanest I have seen in a very long time and I travel quite regularly for work in and around the north. The prices are pretty on par with everything else in the north and the location is amazing if you like to shop and get away from the downtown core of Yellowknife. All in all it was a great stay and I will be recommending it to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am extremly pleased that your stay with us was as wonderful as you have described. It's also very rewarding to hear such great comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I am glad you plan to return here during another visit to Yellowknife and we look forward to having you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I too found some staff to be uninterested however other staff where accomodating. Room was comfy and had good sleep. The breakfast is average super 8. However it is annoying that the business centre is not 24 hours however it is open till midnight. The location is good as it is near Walmart , extra foods, and some other stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit to the Super 8 Motel. I am also very pleased that you receieved a good nights sleep while staying with us. We do strive to make each and every guest as comfprtable as possible. I am also in 100% agreement that our location is definately a good location with many of the most popular stores and restaurants just steps away from our front entrance. We hope to see you back here in the future and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

This hotel is just OKAY: the rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean and comfortable. BUT it seems like no-one really enjoys working at this hotel. There are not many smiles, no laughter, no conversing with the guests. The overall atmosphere is "dead" .. like people are just going through the motions .. busy doing their jobs .. but forgetting that they are in the hospitality industry and the guest is important.
Coming to Yellowknife to do business, maybe this is not important to you .. maybe you just want a place to stay that is reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Personally, I feel the atmosphere of the place I stay is very important.
This hotel reservation was made for me by my company .. if I had a choice of where to stay, I wouldn't stay here. If I ran this Super 8, I would do something to boost my staff's morale. This is what will get customers to return again and again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wej2011

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that while staying with us you had a comfortable sleep. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Front Desk people were rude including the manager. We stayed for 5 days and 2 days they didn't give us enough towels or make our beds. The fitness room had two treadmills and an elliptical and both treadmills didn't work.

If I went to Yellowknife again I would never stay at the Super 8.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank brroyd

We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 Motel did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences.
We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future. I would like to inform you that our treadmills have been repaired and are 100% functional and apologize that during your stay they were not operational. Should you return again if you find yourself short of any towels, soap etc, please notify our front desk staff and they will gladly supply you with what you require. Thanks again.