All reviews a great place to stay fitness room i highly recommend this hotel downtown core old town aurora viewing wifi
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on the picture and that it has a free shuttle to and from the airport. What a mistake. The pics are very dated and does not properly reflect the property. I arrived and went to my room which smelled like cigarettes and had the window opened, I'm guessing to air it out? I had issues with my tv (audio only?? isn't that a radio??) and have called front desk 4 times to ask why. Not once did they answer. Yikes. Gonna head to the pub to watch the playoffs after this review as I can't in my room. The one star is for the shuttle.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2018

we stayed for four nights. Room was very basic, but lets face it you are out of a night viewing and around town of a day. We had a fridge and a microwave, so you can get by.
The major drawback was, no restaurant, so you had to go out to eat, minus 35 temperature.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2018

I stayed here recently and one morning I noticed the complimentary coffee pods they leave in the rooms contained no coffee. Only tea. I went down to the front desk and asked for some coffee because there was none in my room. The gentleman (who I later learned is the manager) started to argue and said they "have standards" for what goes in each room. He then listed what should have been there. All I wanted was a pod. He then said "show me" so I went back up to my room and grabbed the tea pods and took them down and simply walked away from him.

The suites have been upgraded and "look" nice. They unfortunately put cheap laminate flooring rather than carpet so you hear everything above you. There is a lot of pedestrian traffic coming and going at all hours of the day. Valencia is a front desk agent and she is lovely. Her Manager should take lessons from her as to how to treat guests. The outside of the hotel is not maintained. Graffiti, panels hanging, garbage all over the ground. Guests take their garbage bags and put them in the hallway and they are left there until housekeeping arrives the next day. Diapers!! The bed in my room squeaked every time I moved. I will never stay there again. I may have considered it, however, the Manager completely broadsided and offended me.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank ToddR885
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This is a very cozy hotel in down town area, and the people here are very nice. They gave you help whenever you need, and try their best to make your stay comfortable. The tall young guy (I feel asham I forgot his name) at the reception is very kind and helpful.

Please remember to book a room with kitchenette.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

I travelled solo and this was the hotel I had to stay at as part of my aurora viewing package. I would give a zero to this establishment, but the room was clean, reasonably spacious and the bed comfortable. That is where the good things end.

First of all the staff. I understand Canada is a multicultural society but this hotel has staff that barely speak English on front desk. They are not friendly, not helpful in anyway and any question I asked they either didn’t know, or answered no. Staff should be trained better in customer service and knowledge of the area.

Second my bathroom was leaking and there were issues with my shower. I reported it, but no one attended. Housekeeping, I understand they are doing their job but knocking on door at 8am is too early, especially if you’ve done an Aurora tour until 3 in the morning. 8am is unreasonable. The walls are paper thin and I could hear everything next to me and above me.

The location is not great. To be honest, this is the first and only time I’ll ever come to Yellowknife as this place is a bit of a hole, but you have to walk about 1km before you either get to a basic coffee shop and a Japanese restaurant.

Please stop false advertising your “market” you barely have anything available!

If you just want somewhere to sleep this place is ok, but I wouldn’t recommend if you want good and friendly service.

Date of stay: January 2018