“Go North ....... and have a fabulous time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go North Tours

Go North Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Go North Tours began in 2009 with the vision of becoming a premier tour company in Nova Scotia. At first we offered a variety of tours in and around Halifax as well as wine tours of the blossoming wine industry. By 2010, the wine tours took off and we became the leader in guided wine tours, offering daily departures from Halifax and expanding the company to include a division solely for wine tours called Uncork Nova Scotia. Our tours offer unique itineraries for groups that include wine tastings, "behind-the-scenes" vineyard tours, and great regional cuisine. Go North Tours became an Associate Member of the Winery Association of Nova Scotia in 2009 and has been educating visitors and locals about our blossoming industry for the past six years. In addition, we are still happy to provide outstanding tours of the Halifax and Peggy's Cove as well. With just 8 people on each tour travelling in a spacious air-conditioned vehicle, you get friendly, personalized service and a comfortably paced day trip.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Go North ....... and have a fabulous time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I visited Nova Scotia for the first time, (July 3 - 11). We enjoy wine and wanted to tour what NS has to offer. We scheduled our tour with Go North. We toured the Annapolis Valley vineyards and tasted a white Chardonnay type wine from Lacadie grapes. Very nice. We had lunch at the Grand Pre Domain estate vineyard that was absolutely incredible. Most importantly, our tour guide Liala North has the knowledge of a well seasoned sommelier plus great knowledge and history of the area. Well, well worth the trip.

Visited July 2014
Laila N, Owner at Go North Tours, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thanks so much for booking with Go North Tours! It was a lovely day out with you lovely gals!! Cheers and enjoy your NS wines!

Winnipeg, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Between the Vines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was in town for a conference and a couple of us decided to take the all day Between the Vines tour. It was excellent in all ways. Leila was fantastic and clearly loves her job. She is so knowledgable that some of the tour guides at the wineries would turn to her if they didn't know the answer to the question.

The lunch at the winery was amazing, and the stops at the cheese house and tangled garden were fun. The three of us on the tour ended up buying 30 bottles between us. I would recommend this tour 100%!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank airykah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour around Halifax and Peggy's Cove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our tour included a visit to Peggy's Cove, Swiss Air memorial, Fairview Cemetery (to see the burial site of over 100 Titanic victims) and a great overview of Halifax (including stops at some old historical buildings and areas). Laila was a top class tour guide, very knowledgeable and genuinely appreciative of meeting new people and showing them the beautiful sights of Nova Scotia. The groups are small (in our case only the two of us) which makes for a much more personable and enjoyable experience. We were only in Nova Scotia for a short period and this tour was great because it allowed us to see a lot in the most efficient amount of time. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Josh D
Waterloo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Halifax & Peggy's Cove Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We did a tour of Peggy's Cove & Halifax and it was amazing. Leila was very personable, and since it was a small group, we were able to go around, take photos and really enjoy the sites we were seeing. We learned lots of facts about Halifax and had so much fun walking around, learning about the area and the culture. We had a great time and we can't wait to do a wine tour next time we're in Nova Scotia.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AT1232013
St. Albert, Canada
“Great tour and guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

TL;DR - An excellent company, tours worth every penny with your enjoyment truly at heart.

This was both my first wine tour and first weekend in Halifax. I went on the inaugural Easter wine tour on 19 Apr, 2014, cost was ~$100 per person. First off, we were picked up from downtown Halifax on time (which I consider an important point) at which point Lilah introduced herself and gave out totes for wine, and chocolate for Easter. A good start.

The driving portions were well planned, during which Lilah spent the time giving a brief history of herself and the wine business in Nova Scotia. Prior to arriving at each winery a brief history of the winery was given which gave the winery owners more time to dedicate to talking about the wine. Very educational, which was great for someone not well versed in either wine or Nova Scotian history.

At the wineries we visited (Avondale Sky, Domaine Grande Pre, and Sainte Famille) it was immediately evident that Lilah and Go North Tours have an excellent rapport with the wineries of Nova Scotia. We were immediately welcomed at each and given excellent wines with great pairs. I have absolutely no doubts that the level of service expierienced on this tour is common to all of her tours (which is also evidenced from the other reviews on this site). Also, on this particular tour was an Easter egg hunt, the winner of which was awarded with a lovely bottle of Grande Pre Tidal Bay. No, I did not win. Spent too much time on the wine I guess.

Overall, I highly recommend Go North Tours' Uncork Nova Scotia division to anyone in the Halifax area who is interested in wine, needs a good afternoon date idea, or just wants to kill an afternoon with friendly people in a great environment. My girlfirend and myself had a great time, and if I'm ever in Halifax again I will probably go for another tour with this company. Well done!

Visited April 2014
Laila N, Owner at Go North Tours, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks so much for the awesome review Kyle! I'm so happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed yourselves! It was a super fun day for everyone including me! Hope to see you again on the East Coast!!