“Best Breakfast Ever”

and 1 more site!
Cooper's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We had a great time at the Cooper's Inn in Shelburne, Nova Scotia. The rooms have a very personal touch and are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The best part of all however was breakfast. All fresh ingredients and I have to admit that I never had pancakes with local berries as delicious. We can highly recommend this wonderful and friendly place and we would go back there anytime again.

Room Tip: Ask the hosts to look at the rooms - each room is unique we stayed in the "J Chandly Smith Room...

Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I spent two nights here in late September 2011. It was our wedding anniversary and when I saw the bottle of wine and cookies in the room I wondered how they knew because I hadn't told them when I made the reservation. Turns out every room gets these so there you go.

Complimentary breakfast for me was fresh yogurt (plain or blueberry), scrambled eggs, bacon and a jug of freshly brewed coffee. I declined the toast, fresh fruit and four warm muffins as I like to eat low-carb. A white table cloth, soft napkins and fresh flowers made us feel special. We were given a bag to put the muffins in so my wife could enjoy them later.

The rooms were scrupulously clean and the beds firm and comfortable. Free wireless internet and a small TV mounted on the wall kept us in contact with the outside world. A well lit bathroom with shower and a large tub to soak in made morning and nightly ablutions a breeze.

Where else to eat? Well you'd better try the Sea-Dog Saloon on Dock Street. Hearty pub food is the order of the day here. We had haddock and clams the first night on the outside patio overlooking the beautiful harbour and a seafood platter on the second night inside at a table with a wonderful couple from the UK we had met at our Inn. Of course there was beer and wine consumed as well. Oh, make sure you engage the owner in conversation. James Bond did nothing compared to him.

Don't even get me started on what a great place Shelburne and the surrounding area is for a place to spend a few days. I'll just mention Sandy Point Light, Baccaro Point, Barrington and Shag Harbour.

Would we do it again? Absolutely yes, again and again and again.

Gary and Joan

1  Thank shabaqua
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I recently spent a month traveling in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. Mostly we stayed in B&B"s.

Of all the B&B's we stayed in, the Cooper's Inn in Shelburne stands out as one of the best.

Shelburne itself is a small but very charming village. The Cooper's Inn is right on the bay front and blends in nicely with the other fascinating buildings.

Our room was quiet, comfortable, and spotless. And the breakfasts, served in a sunny dining room, were just amazing.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The rooms are private spacious and comfortable. The breakfasts are "over the top" with quality of prep and selection. The location is excellent too.

Room Tip: We did not see the suite but going by our room there is no advice other than book one
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great hosts, a lovely comfortable room, and a first class breakfast, in a convenient location.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We loved it! My wife called our room, "The Garden Room", because it opened on a beautiful garden. The owner's attention to detail, hospitality, and frienliness were outstanding. We recommend it highly. A beautiful place.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

The room was quaint, comfortable but a little overpriced for the size. Was not impressed with our initial greeting from hostess ... needed to ring doorbell as I was told they didn't want just anybody walking in, and when I introduced my husband, there was no real welcome. A smile would have been nice. Upon entering our room, we sat down to read their "welcome statement" and on the very first page, they ask if you would like to own and operate the B&B (??) That alone implied that they were not too happy to be doing what they are doing, or are just tired and want to move on. All in all, it was not a bad stay, just different from other B&Bs that we had stayed at during our 3 week east coast trip.

Room Tip: Comfortable, clean and quiet.
1  Thank YvesandJoAnneL