All reviews historic area sea dog netflix museum bed town
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Located right on the waterfront in the historic part of the town. Great views and excellent food. Our room was small with a pull down bed. Did not bother us at all, it was charming room with a discrete nautical theme . Only small problem is that they don't do breakfast but you can get that just down the road.
Friendly service.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2016

I was in Captain Starbuck's room -glorious and tasteful steampunk with a view of the harbour. Tiny room. Good for one person travelling with lot's of stuff or a couple travelling light. Big, beautiful shower. Watch fishing off the dock or the whirley gig festival from the comfort of your bed. Extremely quiet. The pub style restaurant closes at 9:00 pm and the famous Dock st. goes back to an era of pre-motorized calm. I was there for 5 days and would happily stay longer. I even swam right off the jetty and had a fishing lesson from a delightful 13 yr old Shelburne resident. One evening I watched "Book of Negroes" on Netflix and myself looking at the very wharf where the negroes were brought to populate Nova Scotia after they were freed from slavery in the United States. "Salem" was also filmed right here and the movie company paid to have all the hydro and telephone lines buried to create the historically authentic look I so enjoyed. The original Cox Warehouse and the Dory Shop & Museum are also within hailing distance and are original buildings. Did I mention the interior décor of the inn was all new , clean and tasteful? The food in the Sea Dog Pub was excellent and you can sit outside right over the water. The owner and staff were so friendly and welcoming I felt I was home.

Room tip: The owner describes the rooms accurately so you are not surprised when you arrive.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2015

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Inner Harbor Inn for his birthday. The inn is basically brand new, and feels it! We opted to stay in the suite which is absolutely huge and has the most fantastic view of the harbor, you're basically on top of it when in the room. There is a spotless bathroom with a corner soaker tub, and a lovely kitchen with a raised bar and living room. We only stayed one night but it would be very comfortable for a week easily with two people. It is above the local pub, which is convenient but not noisy, it was closed at 8:30 at least the night we were there. Only thing they need is a dish rack and a few more dishcloths/kitchen basics for long term travel but I know they're getting everything set up as they're so new. I love the modern comforts, sometimes hard to find in a sea of "quaint antique" inns in Nova Scotia

Room tip: the suite is super romantic and fancy, other rooms provide different bed combos for friends and travelling families
Date of stay: December 2015