“This is pub food not fine food.”
Review of Joes Food Emporium

Joes Food Emporium
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Wolfville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2018

You go to Joe's for comfort food. Try the "Scotchos"
The service is warm and efficient, a place where the waitress remembers your tipple of choice and Joe can be found conversing with the clientele.
As this place has an enduring legacy in the community it Is doing something right.
The food can vary from one visit to the next depending on who is in the kitchen.
At the very least drop in for a drink and a snack.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I've gone here before and really enjoyed it but today was a whole new expierence both food and costumer service wise... we went for breakfast which their selection alone should of been enough to hint to us to leave but we stayed the food came the hashbrowns were burnt and tasted freezer burnt the sausage was so microwaved you almost had to dunk it in water when the staff came to ask how everything was we said terrible and we were quite unimpressed she said "oh that sucks and left" then the chocolate milk must be the powder stuff cause it was very chunky if it wasn't powder it was way past it's experation date after we told her how unhappy we were she never did come back we had to go to the cash to find out if we can get a bill at the counter she gave us our bill said there's nothing she can do about it not sure what she was referring to at that point as we didn't speak then we paid and left. It was a very odd expierence from a place that normally has a1 food and service maybe there under new management now I'm not sure but we won't be going back and we would go once every few weeks and drive from Halifax just to go there

Hussein R, Manager at Joes Food Emporium, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience that you encountered while recently visiting us. We do value your business and would appreciate the opportunity to earn it back. I would like to discuss this situation with you in further detail and would also like to make it better. Please contact me at joesfoodemporium@hotmail.com and we can discuss this further. Thank you for letting us know about this uncharacteristic situation, this is the only way be can be better! We hope to hear from you soon!

Management

Reviewed April 12, 2018

Went to lunch here on a Sunday with my sons, this was my first visit here and I wasn't expecting much. First off it was dirty and run down inside. Your hands literally stuck to the table. The food was well below average as well. Had to battle flies nonstop for my food, I should have let them win as it wasn't worth the fight. I know it was summer and the patio was open but I ate inside and there are methods you can use to combat the flies, apparently noting in place here. I know its a university town and caters to that but Paddy's down the street is a much much better option. Will not go back.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Average pub fare. My Philly Steak Sub was very greasy and had lots of mushrooms. Alas, I don't like mushrooms. My fault for not noticing it in the menu though. The chowder was good.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

My husband and I and our two daughters went to Wolfville today to visit our daughter at Acadia and she took us out for lunch at Joe's. Our waiter was Kyle. What an amazing young man. He was witty, and attentive to our table. We all ordered something different my husband ordered the special hot roast beef on a bun with mashed potatoes, girls ordered chicken wings with fries, I had the vegetarian stir fry with pilaff rice. The service and food was the best any of us have had in a long long time. This was the first time my husband has ever cleaned his plate and not had any complaints about his food in a restaurant. My stir fry was amazing, the veggies were crisp and hot the way they should be, the sauce was outstanding. The girls wings and chips were hot and the sauce was perfect. The owner/manager Joe himself came to our table to talk to us. Now that is the personal touch you love in a restaurant one that will bring you back. We can only give this restuarant and staff a 10+ rating. Thank you Kyle and Joe our next visit to Wolfille we will be back.