“Good food”

Add it.
Stems Cafe and Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Wolfville
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: Stems Cafe is a Coffee and Desert cafe surrounded by the beauty of the largest garden center in Nova Scotia -Blomidon Nurseries- come enjoy a coffee or cool beverage in the presence of colorful annuals, shrubs and trees'
Reviewed March 1, 2017

I like coming here ,it's light foods and it's always good,staff is friendly,love the coffee and deserts,and nice walk among the flowers

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I ate at Stems Café about a year ago and had a delightful lunch there. Flash forward to August 2016 and the experience has dramatically changed. Firstly, one has to order their meal at the counter and help themselves to their own coffee, water etc.. However, with the prices they charge, they should be serving you directly at your table.

Secondly, and most importantly, the food quality has deteriorated tremendously. I ordered a roast beef and cheddar sandwich that was served on super thick bread (overwhelming the sandwich) with dried out roast beef, full of fat, and very stale bread. It was awful.

Also, customer service is non-existent. When we entered the café to order, we had to wait for the two servers to discontinue their chit chat to get their attention. Not returning.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

I have been here a few times recently for lunch, and have enjoyed my food every time! Great soups, salads, and baked goods. You order the food at the counter and then they bring it to you. They also have a nice deck for outdoor seating.

Reviewed June 2, 2016

My wife and I stopped by for lunch and noticed a huge change to this once popular café. Gone are the smiling faces and homey atmosphere, replaced by who cares staff and pay before you eat, self serve tables. Last years great seafood chowder has been replaced with a dish that I would be hard pressed to even refer to as chowder, a complete waste of money. New ownership isn't working out. We will never return and would not recommend this café.

Reviewed May 27, 2016

We stumbled upon this cafe during our visit to Wolfville while taking a tour of the area. We were looking for a soup and sandwich lunch. The place was quiet and clean, there were a small number of diners. We waited to see if we would be seated but the server told us that we order at front cash and then they bring us our food. The selection looked good! I ordered a Chicken Avocado wrap, coffee and a soup of the day. My husband ordered Roast Beef Sandwich with a coffee. We noted immediately that there was a tip option on machine as you pay. This is not a great practice, tip option should not be offered before you get your meal!! You have no idea yet how your meal or service will unfold. We went to side table to put cream in coffee and there was a station to serve yourself your own ice water. The server arrived with our meal and was not seen again. She did not check on us, ask if everything was OK or if we needed more coffee. The place was not that busy, one would have expected her to check on us. The wrap was tasteless, and stale. My soup of the day vegetable roast beef consisted of potatoes and beef...that was all. It was tasty but sparse. My husbands sandwich was horrible, sweet stale bread with a minuscule amount of beef. I felt bad for him and offered half of my wrap which was only marginally better. 30$ later and disappointed.....