“Great view, good food, don't order the reds”
Review of Crush Pad Bistro

Crush Pad Bistro
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Wolfville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been here several times since the vineyard opened and it is constantly improving. The view is awesome and the food is well prepared and attractively served. If you are there for the wine, there is a nice selection of white and a good sparkling wine but the reds range from really bad to just okay and they aren't cheap. Its tough to make a good red in Nova Scotia with our climate so I don't fault the winery for this but stick to the whites when ordering or try a local beer/cider. Service is also friendly and efficient. We will be back.

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend a visit to Wolfville as I lived there for 4 years at Acadia University. Wolfville is My favourite place! I plan to retire there someday.

Pete Luckett is an amazing man. He probably wouldn’t remember, but when he was working in the markets where big trucks loaded their produce, he befriended my Dad who was one of those truckers for many years. I traveled everywhere with my father when I wasn’t in school. It was an amazing experience. EVERY time we went to St. John to load produce, my Dad would take me in to see Pete. He was so full of fun and happiness and he always gave me a strange new fruit to try! He always remembered my name and made me feel special. I hope he reads this and still remembers :)

His wine and winery are both out of this world and so is everything on his menu!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

I hate to give the Crush Pad Bistro anything less than a 5--the food is top class, the service excellent and the view is unbelievable. However, the pleasure of our recent visit on an amazingly warm late October day, was greatly reduced by the dreadful and too loud music. I think it was a Worst of the 80s compilation. The waitress did manage to get the volume turned down but the loud, discordant racket could only have been improved by turning it off. Luckett's outdoor space can be quite magical and has quite a sophisticated air by Nova Scotia standards. I am sure that in the past the only music on offer was some light jazz. Blaring pop music is the last thing this place needs. Maybe Luckett is just joining the trend of drowning out any chance of relaxed enjoyment with an overpowering sound track. Our recent experience of a very expensive and quite pretentious restaurant in Burgundy that offered Tina Turner etc might suggest this (I have nothing against Tina Turner but she was no more suitable in Vosne Romanee than Phil Collins is at the Crush Pad.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Drove to the Vineyard “per usual” to get Apricot cheese (can’t find it anywhere else). Beautiful drive through Gaspereau Valley. The fall colours are so gorgeous and the view fro the Vineyard is so worth the drive!!
Good wine, good cheese - good night!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Years ago, when revisiting my homeland in Nova Scotia, I tried sampling some local wines and said "Never again"!! Well during the past two years, I have learned to "Take back those words". There are now some very good wineries in Nova Scotia, and non the least is Luckett's -- Which good friends Emily and Dolan introduced us to!! Excellent wine, great atmosphere, great service, and top notch food menu!! We will return!