“First ever stay at a B&B and was blown away”
Review of Queen Anne Inn

Queen Anne Inn
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Queen Anne during a two week vacation on the east coast in June. We wanted to really experience the east coast and thought staying at some more unique inns would be a nice change. We stayed in room 3. I absolultely loved the canopy bed. While the room only has a shower, we found it adequate. We had a minor plumbing problem when we first got to the room but the owner promptly came up with plunger in hand. I suppose such problems are to be expected from time to time and especially in such an old house. The room was quite and we really didn't notice the other guests coming and going.

The highlights of the Queen Anne have to be the backyard patio and the food. The patio was very lovely and we just sat out back and had a snack that we had bought across the road at the German bakery. We had dinner at the Inn and it was unreal. My fiance had lamb and honestly had the biggest piece of meat I have ever seen served. I had scallops which were some of the best I'd ever had. In the morning we were treated to an amazing three or four course breakfast - I can't remember. It started with homemade museli, followed by muffins and a main course. I really didn't expect such an extravagent meal and have never had a better more impressive breakfast at any hotel or B&B. The meal really fit with the old fashioned extravagent setting of the Queen Anne.

There is not a lot going on in Annapolis Royal and the town really seems to run solely on B&Bs but that was perfectly fine for us for the day we spent there. We went for a run along the old train track pathway and visited the gardens, and overall had a nice relaxing stay. I would say that the Queen Anne is in the top three most memorable places I have ever stayed and was something everyone should experience at least once. If I am ever back in Anapolis Royal I would definitely stay again, but I am also curious to try out some of the other B&Bs we saw that also looked quite nice.

Room Tip: I peaked in several rooms, the owner keeps the doors open when they are unoccupied so you can get a...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Excellent accomodations, friendly and hospitable hosts, lovely breakfast and very reasonable rates!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed for 4 nights at the Queen Anne Inn in Annapolis Royal. It is a beautiful house and our lovely room was spacious with an ensuite bathroom. The breakfasts were gourmet and served in a light and airy dining room with views of the front yard. Our hosts, Greg and Julie, were very pleasant and both had a great sense of humour. We also had 2 excellent dinners during the week and Greg's sense of humour was greatly appreciated! We heartily recomment this Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I do not usually stay at B&B's but realzied the only way to go in this part of Nova Scotia was one of the locally ownded Inns. We were more than pleased with our choice of th Queen Anne Inn. The proprietors and staff are welcoming, accomodating and love what they do. We had a special request for a gift basket for our friends with whom we travel and we could not have been more pleased with the surprise basket. Cocktail hour was a great treat and we not only enjoyed a delicious breakfast but local lobsters for dinner one evening. On our departure morning we had to leave before breakfast and were pleased to find a sack lunch for our drive to the Digby Ferry. There is even TV in every room. A most pleasant experience.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs so if you have problems with these, request a lower floor room. Greg was...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Annapolis Royal is tiny and perfect for a few days of exploring this part of Nova Scotia. The town itself (even in the off-season) is full of history and charm and the Annapolis Valley with it's own history and diversions is there for the enjoying.
We stayed for 2 nights at the end of September and couldn't have been more pleased. Greg and Julie were, as advertised, quirky and fun, and made our stay extra special with lobster for breakfast, and personal touches that won't be soon forgotten.
The Inn itself has to be experienced to be believed. Every single item in this house is beautiful and has a story to it. Our room was filled with antiques and one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. I love the journals, to be filled by guests, that you'll find in each room. They offer a more recent history of the house and are great fun to read, full of tips for enjoying the inn and town. If only they were cat people and had a cat in residence, it would be perfect here!

Room Tip: They're all good, it's not possible to choose a bad one. All are quiet, large and sunny, if...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Not being B&B experts, we were somewhat apprehensive about our stay. However, Greg was a wonderful host and quickly turned our doubts into a great experience! We enjoyed the beautiful mansion, the service, and the tasty breakfast. No detail was overlooked, and we felt taken care of from check-in to check-out. We highly recommend this place and have told all our friends and family about it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at the Queen Ann Inn, in every way it was a wonderful place. The building itself is a heritage property, beautifully furnished with antiques. Our room was on the top floor and was of a good size with a four poster bed, a small sitting area and a large bathroom. I would recommend the restaurant where we had a lovely meal featuring local lobster and Digby Scallops. Breakfast was also delightful with freshly baked muffins, yoghurt with blueberries and a choice of hot dishes. We had to leave very early on our final day and were thrilled to find that Julie had packed a breakfast for us. Very friendly and helpful hosts. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bread And Roses Inn
#4 of 19 in Annapolis Royal
22.9 km away
Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Queen Anne Inn? Share your experiences!