“Gluten-free schnitzel!”

German Bakery Sachsen Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Description: A very charming Bakery and restaurant just down the road from Fort Anne
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The owners are super friendly and accommodating. I usually stay away from bakeries because I am a celiac but saw they advertised gluten-free treats so I stopped in. Although not on the menu, they were happy to make me gluten-free schnitzel & did so several times over the course of the week that I was in town.

I love that their patio is across the street from Fort Anne & provides perfect people watching under umbrellas.

Their gf cookies were quite good as well & I will most definitely be back.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful German baked goods. Across the street from Fort Anne. Great patio to have a snack while waiting for the tall ship parade

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Very good pastries, a lovely spot for afternoon tea. Menu offers a good variety of German cuisine for dinner, including schnitzels. The food was good, a little expensive for cafe style setting.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Great spot to grab a cookie or pastry to go, then walk around Fort Anne. I would leave it at that and avoid sitting down to eat. The restaurant food is not good, and the service is worse.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We arrived on a Wednesday morning. There were four of us at the table. Took forever to be waited on, get our coffee/tea, and get our food. I was finished of my breakfast before the other three people received theirs.
Breakfast of one egg, bacon and toast was pricey and it wasn't toast, it was a small piece of bread that the butter wouldn't melt on.
My husband had a western. Offered the choice of bread which ended up being a kaiser roll that was cold as well.

3  Thank BarbieJ5