“A welcome sight!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Ottawa, Canada
“A welcome sight!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

We had a long drive from Wolfville on a very rainy day in August and stayed at the Maritime Inn to visit St. FX University (which is magnificent). The location was easy to find within the picturesque town of Antingonish. There are lots of amenities within walking distance - i.e. banks, pharmacy, library, etc. We had a lovely large room on the second floor with two beds that had lots of room for our family of four (including two teenagers). The bathroom had a separate bath and toilet area and the sink was located just outside the bathroom. The toiletries were quite nice. We ordered room service which was prompt and delicious and ate downstairs in the restaurant for breakfast (about $60, including tip for the 4 of us).

Room Tip: If you like to park your vehicle in front of your room - you can request a first floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Not being at all familiar with Antigonish, we had researched several places for our stay and finally decided on the Maritime Inn. We were very glad we did!

Our newly renovated room was on the ground floor with parking outside the door. The room was spotlessly clean, spacious, with a very comfortable king size bed. We ate several meals at the Inn's "Mainstreet Cafe", and each time the service was friendly and the food was excellent. The Maritime Inn is ideally located in the heart of town on Main Street, where we enjoyed daily walks to browse the shops or grab a bite to eat. All in all, a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

I had a very long trip to make to Antigonish from Alberta for a friend's wedding and I'm very glad I decided to stay here. I had been travelling for over 14 hours by the time I arrived. It was very hot and humid outside and to my relief the a/c had already been turned on for me upon opening my guest room door. My bed was extremely comfortable and my room spacious. Being an Executive Housekeeper I've made it a habit to thoroughly check rooms for cleanliness as soon as I arrive and to my relief the room was completely spotless. Getting ready for the wedding I needed a few cleaning rags to clean my shoes and they were immediately provided, however I did need a sewing kit and comb which they were not able to provide but very kindly directed me to a store that could sell them to me. Restaurant had an amazing breakfast and very friendly staff. My check in and checkout were completed flawlessly. Anyone planning a stay near Antigonish would do themselves a favour by staying here. For the rate I paid I think that I should have had a microwave in the room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Whitehorse, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

Apart from the annoying featherweight shower curtain that blows in against you, the cheap soap that dries out your skin, and the in-room coffee maker that only makes extremely weak coffee, it was okay. The receptionist when we checked in was very friendly and helpful. We didn't try the restaurant as there was a new place in town called the Prissy Pig which just opened that we are going to try for breakfast (to be in a future review).
With my CAA card we paid $119 for the night, and that's with three adults and two young children.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Ross L
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

My recent stay at this hotel was terrific. I was in one of the recently renovated, spotless rooms that featured: very comfortable soft leather chair, comfortable queen bed and pleasing, modern decor. It was very quiet, the staff were friendly and the food/service at the restaurant was great.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Baddeck, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

The Maritime Inn on the main drag in Antigonish is great. From check-in to check-out we were pleasantly surprised. We don't often stay at hotels in this area as we live only 2 hours away, but we were attending a conference that spanned 3 days and it's nice to have a comfortable bed close by. We got one of the newly renovated rooms on the ground floor. The bed was just right and the high speed was wireless and free!

Dinner in their restaurant was great as well. There was a fellow playing the guitar there on Friday night, which I guess is a regular feature. The special the night we ate dinner there was a seafood pasta and it was awesome.

The staff was friendly, helpful and you never had to go too far to find someone when you need anything. All in all a great trip.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antigonish
2.4 km away
21.1 km away
Red Roof Bed and Breakfast
Red Roof Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in McArras Brook

Been to Maritime Inn Antigonish? Share your experiences!