“Warren Lake Walk”

US$2,039.00*
10-Day New England Fall Foliage Tour including Cape Cod
US$2,279.00*
and up
11-Day Excursion: Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island: Music and Culture of...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most magnificent loop drives in North America treats visitors to the spectacular scenery of the Cape Breton Highlands.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice quiet walk around the lake. Trail was a little muddy in places & the bridge is out at the far end of the lake so currently you need to cross the river on small stepping stones. A resident loon was swimming/diving whilst we were there. There is a picnic area next to the car park and a sand beach at one end of the lake. It’s easy to forget you’re just off the main road around Cape Breton which is part of the appeal.

There are newer reviews for Cabot Trail

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Cabot trail was near the end of our NS trip and I had heard and read how amazing it was. I made sure to go counterclockwise and having done part clockwise I can confirm counterclockwise is the way to go! Much nicer views.

Some folks wrote that counter was dangerous with steep drop offs etc. that's simply not true- never once did it feel unsafe. You do need to watch your speed though as there are some fairly sharp turns.

Overall the portion in the cape Breton highlands national park was impressive .... and most of the portions outside of the park were not. That said there are beaches, the Graham Bell center etc. along he trails area that are enjoyable.

I probably wouldn't drive the trail as an "event" again though I certainly recommend it. While it takes around 4hrs to drive it I recommend you schedule a full day or two and enjoy the trails, scenic views, beaches etc. along the way. If you schedule more time it is notably more enjoyable.

4  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can't imagine a drive being more scenic! Windy roads with stops and lookouts along the way. Once you get into the park there are some great hikes to do as well. I believe it was voted as best Drive in the world by Conde Nast - we agree! We highly recommend it!

3  Thank MJGlas
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The trail circles the national park and is nearly 300 km long, without taking a detour. It is beautiful. The road is winding and narrow, with many large gradient ups and downs. You need a good car for this road. We did it in one day, which was very rushing. A far better way is to do it in two days, which lets you to stop frequently to enjoy the beauty of this path, and to rest and have food etc. You need to find a good day to do this trail - you see nothing in a rainy day.

1  Thank sun20
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We took three weeks vacation at various points around the Cabot trail with three kids (ages 5, 8 & 10). They decided to help me write some of the reviews. In general the Cabot trail is a great place to visit. It has stunning views and great trails to hike suitable for all ages at the National Park. The people that we've met along the way have been wonderful and the entire area is very inviting. There are quite a few amazing artisan shops from leather to wood to glass blowing all along the trail. I would highly recommend this as a place to spend some time with your family.