“Another great stay-but watch for teams !”

Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Ontario, Canada
“Another great stay-but watch for teams !”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had an amazing surprise gift from my wife for Christmas-a trip to Cape Breton to see my family. SO the hotek was already booked . As always, the suite--a Harbourview--was great. Lots of room. nicely equipped, always clean and unbelievably friendly and acommodating staff. For a family I would still choose the Miller Suite, but this was perfect for me. Trio was also excellent--as always., Only issue, many teams of young guys--hockey? lots of slamming doors and running up and down stairs. But there is only so much any hotel can do to control that --it is the role of the adult supervisors to manage,

Room Tip: HArbourview Suite always gives a great view and a little more room. For a little luxury try the Mil...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BrWo
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you BrWo for your feedback! Our Harbourview suites are the largest and best views of the Sydney Harbour. We are glad that you have enjoyed our Miller suite and hope that you'll get to enjoy the newly renovated Miller suite. Although not as large as the original, it is still unique and spacious overlooking the beautiful Sydney harbour!
We are proud to host many teams throughout the year and do not tolerate unessessary noise. We work with our staff and shaperones to minimize this to make for a pleasant stay for all guests.
We looking forward to having you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in December 2011. I chose this hotel for my trip to Sydney as I had stayed a number of times at the Cambridge Suites in Halifax and found it to be very nice. This hotel was fine. The staff was very friendly and loaned me an umbrella during a bad patch of weather. I enjoyed the manager's reception between 5 and 6 p.m. on Wednesday night which featured a free drink and warm nachos. I had a basic room with a queen-sized bed and partial view of the harbour. While the room was very clean and well-appointed, I was a little disappointed with its size (compared to its Halifax sister) especially in terms of closet space. The free continental breakfast in the lobby restaurant was sufficient (although, again, not as good as Halifax which included more items such as oatmeal). The breakfast does not start until 7 a.m., however, which was a little inconvenient for someone travelling on business. (In Halifax, it opens at 6:30.) I was not able to try the restaurant for dinner as it was completely booked up during my stay (which I understand is normal as it is popular with locals). Overall, I enjoyed my time here and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dbakerca
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Thank you for comments. They are always appreciated!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the Cambridge Suites in Sydney. However, it is unfortunate that you were a little disappointed in your "room." As we are mainly a suite hotel, we do have a few called "Studios" which are indeed smaller than Cambridge Halifax. They certainly are cozy, but possible not the space you are looking for. We hope you'll come back to enjoy one of our larger One Bedroom Suites which I'm sure you'll find spacious and comfortable.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I drove all the way from Quebec City and only needed to sleep at this hotel. Once I checked in and found my room shouting and screaming began in the hallways and slamming of doors. I called the front desk twice, but the disruption continued. Finally I was able to sleep at 3am. My ferry was at 10am so I did not get a good night sleep. I complained to the front desk with no satisfaction. I emailed the manager a few days after my stay and had no reply, no suggestion of a future discount or even an apology. I travel a lot and I travel with my son and we deserve to be safe and comfortable. This hotel could have changed my rating and opinion by some simple customer service policies. They could have offered to change my room when they couldn't control the noise, they could have offered a discount if not a free stay, they could have apologized, and most certainly the manager could have responded to my email. I will not recommend this hotel for my family, friends, or colleagues.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ginakristan
CSSydney, Reservations Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Hello GinaKristan...we are very sorry to hear of your unpleasant stay with us. This is not our standard as Cambridge Suites tries to make every guest feel safe, secure and comfortable. Our apologizes for not responding to your complaint as this was definitely an oversite on our part. We welcome every opportunity to try to rectify a problem big or small and this is no exception. We would love for you to allow us that opportunity in hopes that you will,in the future, return to Cambridge Suites for a more pleasant stay than your last. - Shannon
Cape Breton
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Cambridge Suites hotel is my favourite place to stay in Sydney N.S. The recently redecorated lobby and rooms are fresh and inviting. what stands out at the Cambridge Suites is the friendly, attentive, and well informed staff. It is perfect for families because of the suite format , providing more room than a traditional hotel room. Each suite has a small kitchenette and a separate bedroom and sitting room with pull-out sofa. There are two T.V.s so kids and adults have their own space and entertainment. The Trio restaurant at this hotel has a great menu - not the usual fare. The roasted beet salad is so good , as well as the calamari and the garlic mashed potatoes. I definitely recommend the Cambridge Suites - the great staff and the clean , modern rooms make you feel special.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We agree that we have a wonderful staff at Cambridge Suites that will attend to your every need. We have always been a popular destination in Sydney for families as our suites are very spacious and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed Dec. 2 and 3rd, 2011 at the Cambridge in Sydney. First of all, we booked a suite for four. We arrived late looking forward to a cup of tea - there were 2 cups, no milk. No kleenex in the room. Had to make the pull out sofa ourselves. No batteries in the remote for the Tv in the sitting room. Two only of toiletries for four of us.

Also, my CAA card was only honoured for one night - the excuse being, it was because Jerry Sienefeld was in town. The room cost $179.,00 per night and we had to pay for parking. The only good thing I have to say is that the continental breakfast was great and the staff in the restaurant excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pixie1941
Hello Pixie1941

Thank you for your comments as we do appreciate any feedback good or bad so that we may have an opportunity to make changes. First please accept our apologies for not having the necessary amenities you required in your suite. Our front desk /Housekeeping staff are always happy to provide any amenities required to be sent to the suites upon request as well as helping to make up the pullout sofa.
CAA discounts, like many discounts, are available based on availability at the time of booking. This particular time was a very busy time for the city and was unfortunately not available on certain dates.
We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we are very proud of all the staff here at Cambridge Suites as this is one of the many reasons that people keep coming back.
We hope that you will give us another try!
Thank you for your feedback!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Cambridge is an excellent choice in Sydney. Great value, superb location and wonderful staff. I was here as part of a business meeting and stayed just one night but everything was terrific. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011
halifax, ns
Reviewed 27 November 2011

By far, a lot nicer hotel than the Delta ( read my review on Delta from previous stay ).

These are both older, downtown hotels. The Cambridge however has kept pace and up to date.

The suite feel is really nice, especially for longer stays. Very spacious with separate kitchenette and living area, bathroom and then bedroom with doors than can separate room if there are more than one guest.

Most recent stay was on the lower level which was great, you can walk out to your car without elevator or walking through the lobby which is convenient.
I requested a quiet room, as I always do and upon arrival found that I was located directly next to the elevator and ice machine.

When I went to the front desk to change, staff proposed I could stay on the lower level, almost as if it would be less than. I actually found this to be nice and quiet which is my biggest need in a hotel......next to cleanliness.

Staff is really engaged and look to make your stay enjoyable, even the cleaning staff. When leaving my room to check out, I bumped into the Chamber-maid in the hall with whom I had a great chat. She seemed genuinely interested to know whether I enjoyed my stay, nice touch.

Restaurant/bar is great. I ate 3 meals while there and all were a hit.

The restaurant is actually a draw to local business people as one of the nicer venues in town.

"For now" alludes to the fact that Hampton Inn is opening a new hotel on Membertou First Nation which is a couple miles out of the downtown core. I'm big fan of Hampton/Hilton so I expect I will staying there going forward as downtown location is not vital to me while in Sydney.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rickmcns
CSSydney, Reservations Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you "rickmcs" for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the larger suite on our lower level which was most accommodating for you. Although you are a big fan of the Hampton that will be opening sometime in 2012, I hope that you will consider us once again. Thank you,
Reservations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
1.6 km away
0.3 km away
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
9.4 km away
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Cambridge Suites - Sydney? Share your experiences!