“Get What You Pay For”
Review of Comfort Inn Sydney

Comfort Inn Sydney
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Room smelled a bit musty upon arrival. No wall thermostat for the noisy heating/air unit.
Only 1 spare electrical outlet between the beds (built into a lamp base) and one other by the desk. In this electronic age, more would be appreciated. DollarStore can fix that, Comfort Inn.

Lots of noise in adjacent room + parking lot around 5 a.m. woke us up, which continued until we left. Doesn't seem to be any sound insulation between rooms. I suppose an "economy" motel tends to get customers who are a bit noisier than one down the road that costs another $20/night. So, pay more, get more. Your choice.
Our room was non-smoking but we could smell cigarette smoke around 7:30 a.m. Adjacent room again, perhaps ?

Continental breakfast had just about everything you might want. No place to sit and eat but we wanted to return to room to eat bkfst. anyway so no big deal.

Our bottom line: We can afford an extra $20 for something more modern & with fewer chances for surprises a bit further down the road. If you're pinching pennies, try the Comfort Inn out. Might be all you need.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CN251GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candid feedback of the Comfort Inn Sydney. I thank you for taking the time to share both the positive and negative aspects of your stay as this allows us to know what's working and to identify areas for improvement. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Complimentary Continental Breakfast. We do have a breakfast room with several tables where you can sit down to eat your breakfast, and I am sorry that this was not mentioned to you. Once again, I would like to thank you for offering suggestions for improvement, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest again if you return to Sydney.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was clean, well appointed, FAST wifi. Bathroom decor could be updated and the breakfast was not very good at all. Overall it was a great experience. Would definitely recommend and come again.

Also, the world's largest ceilidh fiddle is within walking distance!!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. As General Manager, guest comments are invaluable to me. I am pleased that your overall experience at our hotel was a positive one. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our breakfast offerings. Feedback such as this is very helpful when we are considering what improvements can be made to enhance the experience of our guests. Again, I thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

There was nothing particularily special about the Comfort Inn. The room was clean, and the staff was professional and friendly. The facility is a bit out of date, and the decor is lacking. I had 2 prints of oil paintings in my room, both identical. I don't beileve there was an elevator- if there was, it was not mentioned. The continental breakfast was one of the better I have had, and all in all it was nothing special, but very satisfactory. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CN251GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of the Sydney Comfort Inn. We are glad that you will be staying with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with a hockey team (young teenagers) for a tournament in January 2012. The staff was great and dealt with the children in an understanding manner. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was always in a pleasant mood and willing to provide us directions when needed. They even provided the adults with a room where we could gather and talk at night!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine B
CN251GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of the Sydney Comfort Inn! We are happy to hear that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope the next time you are in Sydney you will stay with us once again.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

I had a visit on November 18th and was pleasantly surprised at the excellent customer service I received. I was welcomed warmly at the desk - given some suggestions as to where to eat and what to see in the area. I received a call to make sure everything was ok in my room. At breakfast I was greeted and thanked for my business. A very pleasant stay indeed - when in Sydney this will be out stop of choice!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank B T
CN251GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

The Sydney Comfort Inn would like to thank you for your complimentary review. We pride ourselves on our associates' ability to offer individual attention to each of our guests to make their stay an experience to remember! We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for making us your hotel of choice when in Sydney.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this one , by far, had the rudest most disrespectful staff on duty on the night of Saturday Nov. 26th. The older man with glasses that was behind the desk was so disrespectful to myself and my associates that I believe he should find another line of work. If customer service is at all a priority of this hotel then GET RID OF HIM! I will never stay at this hotel again and neither will any of my associates.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
CN251GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for your candid review of the Sydney Comfort Inn. It is always a great disappointment to hear of a guest that was not completely satisfied with their stay. I do hope that the many positive reviews we have received is evidence that we are committed to customer service and satisfaction. I will follow up with my staff and will be contacting you shortly to discuss the matter further. I do hope you will stay with us again to allow us the opportunity to show you that customer service is our number one concern. Thank you once again for your feedback. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

The room/hotel was clean and well equipped, Simple breakfast to take back to room. Can park outside ground floor units. Recommend this hotel compared to lower priced hotels without breakfast and of lower standards. Also it is only a short drive to good food/wine at Governor's pub.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
1.3 km away
1.6 km away
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
10.5 km away
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Sydney? Share your experiences!