Room smelled a bit musty upon arrival. No wall thermostat for the noisy heating/air unit.
Only 1 spare electrical outlet between the beds (built into a lamp base) and one other by the desk. In this electronic age, more would be appreciated. DollarStore can fix that, Comfort Inn.
Lots of noise in adjacent room + parking lot around 5 a.m. woke us up, which continued until we left. Doesn't seem to be any sound insulation between rooms. I suppose an "economy" motel tends to get customers who are a bit noisier than one down the road that costs another $20/night. So, pay more, get more. Your choice.
Our room was non-smoking but we could smell cigarette smoke around 7:30 a.m. Adjacent room again, perhaps ?
Continental breakfast had just about everything you might want. No place to sit and eat but we wanted to return to room to eat bkfst. anyway so no big deal.
Our bottom line: We can afford an extra $20 for something more modern & with fewer chances for surprises a bit further down the road. If you're pinching pennies, try the Comfort Inn out. Might be all you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Sydney, Nova Scotia is now All New Just for You. Newly-Renovated Guest Rooms and Lobby, Free Hot Breakfast, and now 100% Non-Smoking. Comfort Inn Sydney is the place to stay for your day trips to the Cabot Trail, the Cape Breton Highlands or Fortress of Louisbourg. We are centrally located minutes from historic downtown Sydney and our friendly staff is always available to provide your home away from home. Our 60 newly renovated guest rooms are fully equipped with free WiFi, 32" LCD TV's, coffee makers, irons and hair dryers. Enjoy our Complimentry hot breakfast as the perfect start to your day of touring beautiful Cape Breton Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Sydney Nova Scotia