“First and last visit......”
Review of Embers Southern Barbeque - CLOSED

Embers Southern Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We arrived at 6:10pm party of 5, 3 of us ordered the special and two split the beef brisket. It took over an hour and a half to get our meal. It wasn't hot and it wasn't good. The meat was dry. My sister is diabetic and took her insulin when we got there. Some of us were so hungry by the time the food arrived we were physically shaking from hunger and hanger. Staff didn't keep us informed on wait time. The meat is prepared ahead of time aka smoked so why were we waiting so long? No discount offered. Lacklustre food and service . Won't be back, avoid this place. And I'm not the type that complains. Sat supper time. No excuse for the wait. I've been served faster at 5 star restaurants! I would not be writing this if the food was worth the wait but it wasn't!!!! Not even worth a 5 min wait.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

I thought many of the issues had been resolved, but on a trip there tonight I was horribly disappointed.

Started with the wings -- they were clearly reheated -- I could taste it in the meat and they were dry and shriveled.

The ribs I had were cold -- some of them cold enough to be right out of the fridge.

The only thing that was decent was the beans.

I have always said that one of the things about BBQ is the sauce and the old location would only give you a thimble-full of bbq sauce. On a past visit to the new location, they had bottles out on the table. But no more. Again little paper thimbles of sauce.

Its a shame .....

Reviewed February 9, 2016

Initially this restaurant was really good, but try after try the food became consistently worse. Our last trip there, resulted in overcooked pulled chicken and baked potatoes that were not edible. The food is way too over priced, spent about $60 for two meals. The idea of a BBQ place in Cape Breton is exciting but the food is just not up to par. It's no wonder this place is quiet and not busy anymore. Skip here and go elsewhere for good food that's worth it's value. It's disappointing as I always hope new businesses do well in the area...but I can't see this place remaining open much longer. Please make some major changes in your kitchen!

Reviewed February 9, 2016 via mobile

I used to enjoy the few items offered on the fat and salt diet of this American themed restaurant. The meals were as promised, healthy as expected and mouth watering good. I could even excuse their choice not to serve hot beverages such as coffee (I am a coffee addict ). As this location turned more towards a local venue(which is thriving and I do enjoy often ) and bar sales. The release of the chef in the kitchen has led the kitchen down a dark path where the food served has as much care as serving a domestic beer. Quick and sloppy with hopes the gravey gives some cover for the dried out slop that passes as etable by the current staff and management. I cannot recommend dinning at this establishment unless you favor a solid trip to the bar beforehand.

Reviewed November 26, 2015

Although I'm from the area, I didn't go to Embers for a long time. What a mistake! Love their cooking, especially their chicken dishes and fries.