“Decent food. Clean restaurant. ”

Simeon's Family Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 162 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

We made a quick stop for dinner at Simeon's restaurant. The food was generally good. The seafood chowder was a bit oily. The sundried tomato pesto chicken flatbread turned out to be a sandwich on flatbread. There was no visible sundried tomatoes and no sign of pesto. There was a reddish mayo, which may have been sundried oil/puree mixed with mayo. Pesto usually has a distinctive green colour from the basil, but there was nothing close to it on the sandwich. It was an odd combination, and I only ate some of it (we were starving when we stopped) as it was not a great combo of flavours. The club and BLT sandwiches were a hit, but the western sandwich had a lot of cheese.

Overall, Simeon's is a good stop for a family meal, and we would go again.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

Home cooking , large orders ,well prepared and served by lovely staff .Large variety of food on the menu

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Went with my children, husband and mother n law for Mother's Day supper. I ordered pan fried haddock. I got about 4 mouth fulls in when a large piece of bone got logged in my upper throat. I realized it was jammed in there from side to side and got up and whispered to my oldest daughter I was choking on a bone. She and my mother in law followed me into the bathroom. I couldn't see the bone in the mirror but I felt it deep back in my throat. I stuck my fingers down my throat and pulled it out. The bone was actually quite big. I showed the waitress and she picked it off my hand and said, well this is like the third time this happened this month and these cases of fish are supposed to be boneless. She said that makes her mad because she ordered a case herself. Then she left with the bone in her hand. This situation actually really scared me to the point, I haven't ordered fish in over a year at any restaurant I've been to. She came back about 10 minutes later and asked if I wanted another plate of fish. It's bad enough the situation happened in the first place, but the way it was just pushed under the table was ridiculous.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

food is great, tables not to close so you can talk and hear what everyone is saying, staff are very friendly, food is always hot

Reviewed December 2, 2016 via mobile

While visiting Sydney I was looking for a restaurant that served some home style cooking that was not all deep fried. This is NOT the place. Vegetables all severely over cooked, Likely canned, mashed potatoes??? Boxed? Could have sucked all the vegetables through a straw. Basically the food and or cook was terrible. On a good note, service was friendly and good.