“Fantastic food and service”

Flavor On The Water
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We took some friends from Germany to see the Big Fiddle on the waterfront at the cruise Terminal. My friends are very fond of crab cakes and I had checked the menu at flavors on the waterfront to make sure they were on the menu. I had also eaten here before when it first opened so I knew that they had wonderful gluten free options. One word can describe our dining experience - Fantastic! I had the absolute best steak and cheese burger I have ever eaten. The bun was superb and I called the waitress back to make sure it was indeed gluten free as it was so large and had seeds on the top, something I have never seen before on a gluten free bun. She assured me it was as she herself is celiac and had checked it out also when she first saw them. She said she eats them regularly and has never had an issue. I also had a lovely salad with maple dressing. My friends started with a seafood chowder and then had their crab cakes both of which they said were wonderful. My husband had a burger that was too large to even bite into. This was the lunchtime menu so I can only imagine the choices they would have for dinner. We will definitely be coming back there to indulge in this dining feast. A little pricey but well worth it.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We visited this restaurant after a long day of sight seeing. We did not have reservations and it was a busy night but they found us a table and provided great service. We were a party of three and we all loved our choices, which included the hamburger, the stuffed chicken breast and the Mac and cheese. All were flavourful and enjoyed by all. It was a good quality meal and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Waited over 1 and 1/4 hours for our meal without a waitress coming back to advise us of the wait or to re-serve water, wine or any other beverages. We were virtually ignore until we complained. We were given free wine and dessert and commend the restaurant for doing so, but this did not justify the really terrible service we received!

As a Cape Bretoner, I am embarrassed that this is considered to be one of Sydney's finer restaurants. Some of the staff appear to be poorly trained and overwhelmed. If i were a tourist I would not return! This does not bode well for our tourism industry nor for a restaurant that presumably would like a local permanent clientele.

To my mind there is absolutely no excuse for such inadequate service on a Tuesday evening at the height of the tourism season. I will not be returning.

2  Thank Virginia P
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I travelled solo to Cape Breton and tried several establishments to taste, enjoy and review. I have been to Flavour several times over the past few years for brunch and dinner and have enjoyed the lobster dinner in the past. The service from Adam was exceptional, but the presentation, size and sides of the dinner were disappointing. No bread came with the dinner but when requested, it was given, plain and dry. A warm roll would have been much appreciated. Adam made the dinner very pleasant though.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This restaurant located at the cruise ship terminal has great outside dining overlooking the harbour and Sydney's giant fiddle. Menu is varied with seafood as a specialty.